Hacking Is it safe to update N3DS EU Sysnand to 9.4 with Xenoblade EU?

angela18

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a EU N3ds with Sky3Ds and Gateway. I would like to update my Sysnad to 9.4 so I can play Xenoblade in Sky3Ds without having to do use gateway (do the exploit and then close and open the lid everytime is really annoying). Is it safe to use Xenoblade in Sky3Ds to update my sysnand (and perhaps my emunand) to 9.4?

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a EU N3ds with Sky3Ds and Gateway. I would like to update my Sysnad to 9.4 so I can play Xenoblade in Sky3Ds without having to do use gateway (do the exploit and then close and open the lid everytime is really annoying). Is it safe to use Xenoblade in Sky3Ds to update my sysnand (and perhaps my emunand) to 9.4?
Yep your gateway will become a brick possibley forever. The only way arounfdthis is to have a sysnand backup and then have a nand hardware modification installed so you can flash nand back to 9.2 or below. This costs money and takes time. If you think closing the lid briefly is a pain in the ass.....

angela18

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fun fact, you don't need to update sysnand to 9.4 to play Xenoblade. It works on 9.2.

It owkrs on my 9.0 emunand, bu when I launch it on Sky3DS in my 9.0 Sysnand it says that it needs to update to 9.4
So if I update my sysnand to 9.2 using cooking mama EU do you think it will work?

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It owkrs on my 9.0 emunand, bu when I launch it on Sky3DS in my 9.0 Sysnand it says that it needs to update to 9.4
So if I update my sysnand to 9.2 using cooking mama EU do you think it will work?

I'm playing Xenoblade on sysnand 9.2, no update required. Yes, just updated my New 3DS XL to 9.2 using Cooking Mama EU.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just updated my sysnand to 9.2 with Cooking Mama EUR and my Xenoblade is still asking for a 9.4 update.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated to 9.2.0-20E with Cooking Mama, yet my copy of Xenoblade still complains about needing 9.4 update. I'm using a Sky3DS with the latest template. Any idea what's going on?

nccom

Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
Sky3DS doesn't spoof update versions so you need to install 9.4.0 to play Xenoblade...and you shouldn't do it if you have 9.2.0 atm.
Do you have gateway or CFW?

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So there's no way to get it to play on Sky3DS without being on 9.4 sysnand or emunand? I'm confused because other people are saying it only needs 9.2 sysnand.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the clarification. My friend owns a Gateway, so I can borrow his to set up emunand. Is emunand stable enough to leave in sleep mode? How often does it crash out and require reloading the exploit?

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you for the clarification. My friend owns a Gateway, so I can borrow his to set up emunand. Is emunand stable enough to leave in sleep mode? How often does it crash out and require reloading the exploit?

You should be fine, but you can never go into settings, because it will kick you out of emuNAND.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's fine. The quick settings for things like backlight and wireless are still accessible, correct?

fcz_x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire

in sleep mode, i never have any crash with emunand...so yes it's stable (for me at least)...but i prefer to turn off the 3ds and launch the exploit again, for more battery hours, the gateway launch exploit is really easy, you need to adapt to that...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah forgot to turn that off