Is it safe to update my wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by przemo_one, Apr 19, 2010.

1. przemo_one
    OP

przemo_one Member

Newcomer
    Mar 23, 2004
    United States
    I uninstalled HBC, bootmii, dvdx, and i used anytitle deleter to remove cios 249. Is it safe to update my wii now?

2. PPSainity

PPSainity Blinded by Science

Jun 6, 2009
    Canada
    I would just ad that there is always a risk when updating your firmware, even using Ninty's official method. For example, Ninty's method for updating boot2 is apparently more brick prone than the method used by DOP-MII/Bushing.

I gotta ask why you want to update, and why you want to update using Ninty's method?

Personally I always found updating the Wii using utilities like Anytitle Deleter, DOP-MII, WAD-Installer and NUSD a better way to go as you have more control over what gets updated and when. Though doing so does take a little more effort and care. Lot's of pre-reading is a must if you are new to the scene.

-[]D

3. MacGnG

MacGnG GBAtemp Regular

Sep 15, 2007
    United States
    Know Where
    przemo_one: you gotta let us know why you want to update before we can tell you if its good or not

4. przemo_one
    OP

przemo_one Member

Newcomer
    Mar 23, 2004
    United States
    I just want to have a clean, unmodded wii.

5. przemo_one
    OP

przemo_one Member

Newcomer
    Mar 23, 2004
    United States
    Well I did make a nand backup a while ago, but I uninstalled bootmii. Should I "virginize" my wii but keep my bootmii at startup?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice