Hacking Is it safe to update my 3ds?

Magic Kaito

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it safe to update EMUNAND on 10.7.0 to whatever the current system is? I installed ARM9 along with everything else the guide suggested during spring, but I haven't touched my 3ds since then, so I'm wondering if it's still safe to update? Do I need to replace any files? I ask because the guide is completely different now with new suggestions compared to what I did. I'd hate to lose everything. I forgot to mention, but I want to update so I can play online games again.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Is it safe to update EMUNAND on 10.7.0 to whatever the current system is? I installed ARM9 along with everything else the guide suggested during spring, but I haven't touched my 3ds since then, so I'm wondering if it's still safe to update? Do I need to replace any files? I ask because the guide is completely different now with new suggestions compared to what I did. I'd hate to lose everything. I forgot to mention, but I want to update so I can play online games again.
If you mean a9lh, yes it's safe. Update luma3ds to 5.5 or 6.0 first though.

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
It's almost always safe to update if you have a9lh. If you ever change to sysNAND, then make sure you are using Luma or a cfw with a FIRM patch enabled. Then just update through System Settings.

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes I mean a9lh, my bad. Luna3ds wasn't in the guide when I used it though.
In Plailect's early versions of the guide, Luma3DS was known as AuReiNAND (and they were both always in the guide since the start). If you have that, you do have a CFW with the patches you need. But still update to Luma.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi