Hacking Is it safe to update GW Emunand to 9.3?

DragonSky

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You know what emunand does sppofing from the first firmware that is cracked.
If it is cracked on the newest firmware it isn't emunand anymore.

logg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is an emunand?
emunand is a feature of GateWay which allows you to keep your 3ds on a version which gateway can boot from (e.g. 4.5) but then pretend to be running the latest firmware (9.3) for games and applications which require the latest firmware.

OllieD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
emunand is a feature of GateWay which allows you to keep your 3ds on a version which gateway can boot from (e.g. 4.5) but then pretend to be running the latest firmware (9.3) for games and applications which require the latest firmware.

It doesn't pretend to be on the newest version at all.

EmuNAND is a Gateway feature that remaps calls to the System NAND to a specially created partition on the SD Card.
This EmuNAND partition can be updated to any Firmware version that EmuNAND supports without overwriting the System NAND. (Updating the System NAND above 4.5 breaks the exploit the Gateway card uses to function)

This is not simply firmware spoofing, When booted into Gateway Mode with EmuNAND your system is actually running the firmware version on the EmuNAND which enables you to play games and use all the other goodies that require Firmware versions higher than 4.5

9.3 is not currently compatible with the current Gateway Launcher 2.6 (No one can say if it will work in the future) so after updating your EmuNAND to 9.3, Booting Gateway mode will simply get stuck with both screens black.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just hoping that they can finally solve the broken compatibility for DSiware and Virtual console stuff. Miraculously I noticed my Ambassador NES stuff will play (of what I tested), however, none of the GBA VC's work, and the few DSiWare stuff I do legitimately have still won't work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Those IHOP chips are actually pretty damn good