Is it safe to send Nitendo a Flashme_Stealth'd DS?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Foie, Oct 13, 2006.

Oct 13, 2006
  1. Foie
    OP

Member Foie That one guy

United States
    I have a Flashme_Stealth'd DS Lite that has a crooked screen. I wanted to send it to Nintendo for a replacement. Would it be safe to send Nintendo this DS Lite? Is there anything I can do to be safer?

2. sixb0nes

Member sixb0nes GBAtemp Regular

Belgium
    Not really. Even with flashme stealth, it's not hard to detect. All they need to do is put in a flashcart and see if it boots in nds mode.

3. RueGorE

Member RueGorE GBAtemp Regular

United States
    They can also hold A+B+X+Y which is the Flashme failsafe boot which would boot the NDS to white screens. Without it, the NDS would boot normally.

4. Cyberdude93

Newcomer Cyberdude93 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Not to mention ejecting the card in Pictochat will turn the screens Dark Green instead of Magenta.

5. Teun

Member Teun GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Yeah, like they're testing that to see if it's flashed?

6. g.crow

Member g.crow beide mittelfinger hoch

United States
    i send in my japanese ds lite, flashed, not stealth version, got a brand new one [​IMG]

mars

7. other

Member other GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    Nah, it will still be magenta. I sent my flashme_stealth DS Lite back, no problem. The weird thing is they said they repaired my unit, but there was no flashme on the one I got back. Refurb or something?

8. falco123

Member falco123 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    XD @ everyone in the topic

Nintendo doesn't check for flashed DS. It's more of a hassle for them to go out of their way for every one they get. Seriously, it's fine.

9. fischju_original

Banned fischju_original I used to be a jerk before i got banned

United States
    but it does void the warrent. and if your not paying for the repair because they think its still under warrenty, unflash it because they may check so they dont have to replace it

10. Psifi

Newcomer Psifi Newbie

Australia
    More likely is that the repairs crew don't care about the warranty. The office people do the warranty worrying, the repair crew will simply reflash your DS right off the bat with the latest copy of the official NDS BIOS and THEN begin testing on the unit. They do this because A) it eliminates any problems that may only be due to defective BIOS software (whether by corruption/"illegal" flashing or design fault) and it is also;

It is quite likely that they temporarily install a debugging BIOS onto the unit as well to determine if there are any hardware defects before even opening the unit. The reason I know this is because they use the same repair techniques that phone repairs people do. This is why most of the time when you receive your phone back from being repaired all the settings and data seem to be erased.

The only time this will really matter is if one of the repairman has had a particularly nasty day and feels grumpy and sends your unit back saying it is in breach of warranty. Very rare but worst case scenario is that you tell them to hold onto it and that you'll agree to pay for the repairs. That'd have to be one hell of a bad day though. =P

Have a nice day. [​IMG]

11. redmanmark86

Newcomer redmanmark86 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    my DS lite has the crooked screen issue, but i got mine from Japan and im in the UK, does anyone know if i'd still able to get it replaced, its not lashed or nothing.

thanks
    mark

12. pte

Member pte GBAtemp Regular

If Nintendo of Europe is kind to you, usually they tell people who didn't buy it from their local distributor to send it to Japan.