Hacking Is it safe to say Sky3DS will be invulnerable to Nintendo FW updates forever?

Wowfunhappy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And for GBA VC for the 3DS, they put GBA hardware in the console...

I'm almost sure that's not why they put GBA hardware into the console. It's probably needed for DS compatibility.
They wouldn't put hardware into a console and then only allow a tiny percentage of the user-base (ambassadors) to use that hardware.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm almost sure that's not why they put GBA hardware into the console. It's probably needed for DS compatibility.
They wouldn't put hardware into a console and then only allow a tiny percentage of the user-base (ambassadors) to use that hardware.
The answer here is both "yes" and "no". While some DS games may use GBA hardware, the fact that they've programmed a whole separate FIRM for GBA functionality (AGB_FIRM) points at them having now-abandoned plans regarding GBA backwards compatibility.

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France

They DID put the GBA GPU inside (that is not needed for DS compatibility).

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
The answer here is both "yes" and "no". While some DS games may use GBA hardware, the fact that they've programmed a whole separate FIRM for GBA functionality (AGB_FIRM) points at them having now-abandoned plans regarding GBA backwards compatibility.
well that and the barely functional software GBA emulator hidden in the VC games suggests they tried, gave up and just stuck gba s*it in the 3DS.....for whatever reason, i guess they originally planned a more impressive selection of GBA VC games....then gave them all away to ambassadors

Reactions: Foxi4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
well that and the barely functional software GBA emulator hidden in the VC games suggests they tried, gave up and just stuck gba s*it in the 3DS.....for whatever reason, i guess they originally planned a more impressive selection of GBA VC games....then gave them all away to ambassadors
They Tried™. :)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
They Tried™. :)
please understand™

tbh that strategy has followed nintendo through the years, super gameboy = gameboy in a snes cart, GBAplayer = gba in a addon.....seems just sticking the whole hardware into something is easier than making an emulator........inb4 NES,GB,GBC,MD,MS processors and GPUs are found in the SoC :P

Reactions: mvmiranda

tvo770

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Better than a how soon will GW release 9.7 sysnand support thread. :) (by just a little bit)

What are you talking about gateway already has an official release time
soon.gif

Reactions: thorasgar

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even I am getting tired of these types of threads.

Folks, we're all in this together. Remember that. One helps the other.

Now we have two cycles to keep us afloat. Gateway and Sky3DS.

Soon we'll have three if DSTwo+ is ever released.

The more the merrier. If one gets blocked, use the other... when it gets blocked, switch.

Multiboy2k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No matter how much Nintendo tries, Sky always wins. Do you think the Sky will never be blocked by Nintendo? Even if they release a 10.0 firmware in the near future, Sky will work?
Yes.
I have been telling folks here this from day one. And, then I got tired and eventually too bored to continue. Now, they are finally seeing....late. It's working non-stop since last November.

DragonSky

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You know what I don't think Nintendo even try to block the flashcards they are just changing their code.
And Sky3DS is like Supercard DSTwo they have something special installed.

D

Deleted User

No matter how many expert 3ds devs tell you that Sky3DS can easily be detected (there have already been a few mentions), there will always be people claiming Sky3DS is invulnerable as long as it currently is not patched.

To those people, only seeing is believing.

Reactions: motezazer

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I think they are just shifting their attention from 3ds to NX, the same way that they had done from ds to 3ds before.

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We really cant tell.
Nintendo might be able to detect it, but at the same time what happens if they end up blocking a real game. A ton of people will be pissed..
Just like when people where getting ban from SSbro due to internet connection problems.

But no one can know for sure. Only time will tell if it can be block.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Really? So, after its released, we will still get games on 3ds?
I have no idea how long the 3DS will stick around, but judging by the fact that Nintendo's only just released the New 3DS, the NX is unlikely to supersede it. I quote:
The NX symbol appeared on a slide alongside the Nintendo Wii U, 3DS and other mobile platforms, which suggests it could launch as a complementary system, rather than an immediate successor to any of its current consoles.

~http://www.engadget.com/2015/03/17/nintendo-nx-console/

Reactions: KJ1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking +1