Homebrew Question Is it safe to play online with the hbmenu on my switch?

mikechris33

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I modded my switch today and i've only used it for snes games but is it safe to play games that I own like MK8DX or Splatoon 2 online?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I see a ban in your future. Do not ever go online in CFW, ever. The telemetry and log files are the only things that could potentially flag me for a ban, because I never take my CFW online. I play Splatoon 2 online in OFW HorizonOS. When I switch to CFW, I first enter airplane mode with bluetooth enabled, and shut down. That way I can play all the homebrew and pirated games I want offline. But I only ever play AND UPDATE my games in OFW, and only update the games I actually own in OFW. Always update pirated games with NSP updates. So far, no ban yet since late June when I got my SX Pro.

Last edited by Jayro,
Reactions: FierceDeityLinkMask

FierceDeityLinkMask

GbaTemp's Official Deity
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see a ban in your future. Do not ever go online in CFW, ever. The telemetry and log files are the only things that could potentially flag me for a ban, because I never take my CFW online. I play Splatoon 2 online in OFW HorizonOS. When I switch to CFW, I first enter airplane mode with bluetooth enabled, and shut down. That way I can play all the homebrew and pirated games I want offline. But I only ever play AND UPDATE my games in OFW, and only update the games I actually own in OFW. Always update pirated games with NSP updates. So far, no ban yet since late June when I got my SX Pro.
Same. I am holding out for smash ultimate. Can't get banned yet boi!

Reactions: Jayro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou