Hacking Is it safe to play online with games that I legally own?

oktrainer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see a lot of yar-harr posts asking about online on here, and I haven't been paying attention to the recent advancements on Switch, so I'm not very sure. If I dump my game cart and play it through a backup loader, do I have a risk of being banned? (any more than just being online with CFW)?

radrom

Content Creator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see a lot of yar-harr posts asking about online on here, and I haven't been paying attention to the recent advancements on Switch, so I'm not very sure. If I dump my game cart and play it through a backup loader, do I have a risk of being banned? (any more than just being online with CFW)?

What they said. Using dumps or CFW or hacking of any kind will automatically create some amount of risk of being banned. Now... Admittedly... What you're doing creates a far less risk than, say, using NSP's from online with a strange certificate and modding games etc, but still... It's a risk.

Reactions: Uumas

Kukielka

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Been playing my own dumps, even online, for quite a while now and so far no ban. You should be good. :)

Novalok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been playing my own dumps, online, and along side my Digital Downloads. In CFW Mode pretty much constantly. Only had SX OS for like 3 days so I could get banned for it. (I will update the ban thread if so.) But so far so good :)

There is always a risk, but getting to buy Physical, and have the pros of Digital are worth it IMO!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1