Is it safe to play online with games that I legally own?

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by oktrainer, Aug 4, 2018.

1. oktrainer
    OP

oktrainer Newbie

Newcomer
    May 15, 2018
    United States
    I see a lot of yar-harr posts asking about online on here, and I haven't been paying attention to the recent advancements on Switch, so I'm not very sure. If I dump my game cart and play it through a backup loader, do I have a risk of being banned? (any more than just being online with CFW)?

2. ItsKipz

ItsKipz l33t hax0r

Sep 9, 2016
    United States
    The C: drive
    Yes.

oktrainer likes this.
  3. hamrawk

hamrawk Content Creator

Oct 18, 2014
    United States
    What they said. Using dumps or CFW or hacking of any kind will automatically create some amount of risk of being banned. Now... Admittedly... What you're doing creates a far less risk than, say, using NSP's from online with a strange certificate and modding games etc, but still... It's a risk.

Uumas likes this.
  4. Kukielka

Kukielka GBAtemp Regular

Jul 11, 2018
    Germany
    Been playing my own dumps, even online, for quite a while now and so far no ban. You should be good. :)

5. Novalok

Novalok Member

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2014
    United States
    I've been playing my own dumps, online, and along side my Digital Downloads. In CFW Mode pretty much constantly. Only had SX OS for like 3 days so I could get banned for it. (I will update the ban thread if so.) But so far so good :)

There is always a risk, but getting to buy Physical, and have the pros of Digital are worth it IMO!