is it safe to just format my emunand? and pasta CFW question

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by pofer, Jan 6, 2016.

1. pofer
    OP

pofer GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2016
    Spain
    Somewhere around the corner
    I want to start my CFW process from scratch, is it safe to just format the emunand using the Gateway .dat file?

NVM about the Pasta CFW question, found out how

Last edited by pofer, Jan 6, 2016
  2. pofer
    OP

pofer GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2016
    Spain
    Still need an answer , I might as well unlink both Nans by formating my 3ds once I've created a new Emunand (I think that's the way it works hahah , or at least that's what I read)

3. rufuszombot

rufuszombot Assassin

Apr 13, 2010
    United States
    The Moon
    You can update your emuNAND from system settings after unlinking your nands. I guess you don't have to unlink them, but I hear its safer that way.

4. pofer
    OP

pofer GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2016
    Spain
    Yeah my Emunand is uptodate (10.3), but rxtools doesn't work with my o3DS , I always get an (X) during the set up of the 2.6 version and a "Instalation Failed" message using the 3.0 version .

but I feel like I can get a cleaner install if I do it from scratch again , that's why I want to format it along with my 3ds's sysnand

5. pofer
    OP

pofer GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2016
    Spain
    Still need some help

6. rufuszombot

rufuszombot Assassin

Apr 13, 2010
    United States
    The Moon
    If you already have an up-to-date emunand, then formatting it has nothing to do with anything. Your problem is something to do with booting it. You've clearly misplaced some items in your SD card somewhere.

7. pofer
    OP

pofer GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2016
    Spain
    Followed a step by step video with all the files being shown and I was checking them with mine , but the guy on the video was able to install rxtools without a problem (he didn't get that X at the first set up so I know there's something wrong hahaha

But I'd still like to know , is it safe to just format my 3ds and format the Emunand (using GW launcher.dat) ?

so that I can start from scratch hehe