Hacking Is it safe to install Sonic 4 (NTSC) on a PAL Wii?

Zeldafanzero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know that NTSC games on disks can brick PAL Wiis, but can I install Sonic 4 on my 4.1E Wii?

Also, which IOSes do I need to install, and do I need the US versions or the PAL ones?

Many thanks!

T

TheRealVisitor

Zeldafanzero said:
I know that NTSC games on disks can brick PAL Wiis, but can I install Sonic 4 on my 4.1E Wii?

Also, which IOSes do I need to install, and do I need the US versions or the PAL ones?

Many thanks!

Use first "freethewads". Then install the wad with Wad Manger 1.7. Runs perfectly on PAL Wii. Pal languages are included too.

The game uses ios56 to run, so maybe you should install the latest version, when problems occur.

Gangboy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Installed the NTSCU on my PAL 4.2E without any changes/modifications. So it works for me without any problems.
wink.gif

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Gangboy said:
Installed the NTSCU on my PAL 4.2E without any changes/modifications. So it works for me without any problems.
wink.gif
you would have had to use freethewads or something otherwise you get this chan cannot be run??

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
I personally used anyregionchanger to output ntsc video signal on my wii and i used preloaders regionfree games and channels hack or so.

Gangboy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Bladexdsl said:
Gangboy said:
wink.gif
you would have had to use freethewads or something otherwise you get this chan cannot be run??

Didn't need to change anything, no freethwads to change the region. Maybe it's because i'm on 480P and doesn't need a singal output change
wink.gif

Do have priiloader on with region free games, so maybe that's why I didn't had to patch it.
smile.gif

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
I remember from my wii when i start a channel other than the wiis region it just said this channel cannot be used or so, no bricking here.

Dirtee

Trophies
XP
Country
He Guys i cant get this to run at all!!

i have the NTSC version of sonic 4 and i have a PAL Wii 4.1E

i have never got my priiloader to run channels in region free even though i set it to do so in the hacks!

so i used FreeTheWads gui and patched my Sonic 4 to PAL

both my NTSC and my (supposed PAL patched) wads dont run! even with priiloader hacks set to region free channels!

i currently get the blue screen error "ERROR #002" an error has occured please press the eject button, remove the game disc and power off the console blah blah!

if anyone knows an answer to my problem ill be most helpful!!

im going to look for a newer ios56 now and ill report back

cheers!!

Dirtee

Trophies
XP
Country
haha i see what you mean! i managed to fix it though! it was ios56!!

downloaded via NUS Downloader as wad and installed with wad manager 1.7 = all good!

shame the game is more like sonic advance than sonic 1,2,3 :-(

Alv

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

I have 4.3E with Wasabi DX. I havent anything homebrew. I have a PAL Wad of it.

Then i need install Homebrew channel and Wad Manager, but for run Wad Manager with my 4.3E, i need modify IOS/cIOS/trucha bug or anything?

Thanks,

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Having trouble installing Sonic 4 at all on my 4.3E Wii. I have installed WADs before for homebrew but my Sonic 4 WAD (treated with freethewads to PAL) refuses to install. Can't remember the exact error that comes up in WADManager though.
Should I use someothing like "Pimpmywii" to just trucha bug everything? I usually use IOS249 to install.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I've installed NTSC wads with no problems. Used the sticky about four months back and used USB Loader to launch them.
Jamstruth said:
Having trouble installing Sonic 4 at all on my 4.3E Wii. I have installed WADs before for homebrew but my Sonic 4 WAD (treated with freethewads to PAL) refuses to install. Can't remember the exact error that comes up in WADManager though.
Should I use someothing like "Pimpmywii" to just trucha bug everything? I usually use IOS249 to install.
unsure.gif

I installed it (PAL) with no problems. (It's a shitty game anyway, wait for Sonic Colors :3)

creativ

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
prowler_ said:
I've installed NTSC wads with no problems. Used the sticky about four months back and used USB Loader to launch them.
Jamstruth said:
unsure.gif

I installed it (PAL) with no problems. (It's a shitty game anyway, wait for Sonic Colors :3)

you are shitty !

Reactions: 1 person

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
I want to see how terrible the Console versions are compared to the iPhone version (which I also pirated).
Anyway, I get Error (ret=-4100) whatever that means. It could mean I've fucked up the WAD (which is entirely possible)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    @SylverReZ Never heard of tiger crust. What is it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Its known as tiger bread, also known as dutch crust.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's fuggin gooooood
    +1
    I mean. Whats different about it?
    Never even seen a tiger crust pizza in any stores around here. Walmart, Cub, or otherwise.
    Must be a regional thing.
    Gonna smoke this bowl then go get kitties ashes. <3
    Last thing I told her is how much I love her, and that Im not leaving her there forever and I promise to come back and take her back home with me.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Last thing I told her is how much I love her, and that Im not leaving her there forever and I...