Hacking Is it safe to install eShop-only games via the brazillian exploit?

TheMynx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I wanted to install Terraria to my Wii U's NAND today but realised it's an eShop-only game, does that mean it's still safe to install to the Wii U's hard drive or should I just play with Loadiine?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
the 'brazil trick' isn't applicable to eshop games... only disk games.
so i guess you just mean piracy and installing games, and nintendo hasn't really banned anyone for piracy for 3ds, so i think it's safe.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wanted to install Terraria to my Wii U's NAND today but realised it's an eShop-only game, does that mean it's still safe to install to the Wii U's hard drive or should I just play with Loadiine?
Yes eshop titles and virtual console titles can only be installed to rednand they won't work on sysnand.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Yes eshop titles and virtual console titles can only be installed to rednand they won't work on sysnand.
yes (for others to help understand) - the important part is that they need signature patches, and we only have them in rednand at the moment

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depending on what region you are on, I would suggest getting into the testing stage of this app https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-usb-helper-a-small-eshop-for-windows-wip.446565/ and get the ticket archive from that "TICKET SITE". It downloads the games from the eshop and uses the modified ticket for it to allow it to install via USB method. Terraria is one of them on the USA part of the archive. just saying... Its a very useful app and its all thanks to @Hikari06 :D

Reactions: TheMynx

plyscho

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Depending on what region you are on, I would suggest getting into the testing stage of this app https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-usb-helper-a-small-eshop-for-windows-wip.446565/ and get the ticket archive from that "TICKET SITE". It downloads the games from the eshop and uses the modified ticket for it to allow it to install via USB method. Terraria is one of them on the USA part of the archive. just saying... Its a very useful app and its all thanks to @Hikari06 :D
There are no "modified tickets". It's just that the old ones where not dumped correctly and have to be fixed before using. Also, Terraria USA can only be installed via USB because it was released on disc AND eshop (either that or THAT TITLE SITE has non-working tickets). The EUR version seems to be eShop only, on the other hand.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are no "modified tickets". It's just that the old ones where not dumped correctly and have to be fixed before using. Also, Terraria USA can only be installed via USB because it was released on disc AND eshop (either that or THAT TITLE SITE has non-working tickets). The EUR version seems to be eShop only, on the other hand.
Uhhhhh. The explain how its not a modified ticket if its EDITED? Its modified to function. Also, I said the USA version... I do understand that it has to be in disc format to actually get the ticket. Sooo yea

plyscho

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Technically speaking the old tickets are modified. The new ones are reverted to their original state (as they are on disc). ;)

I should have aimed the second part of my post at the OP since he stated that Terraria is eShop only. Seeing that he is from the EU he's probably talking about the EUR version.

TheMynx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yeah, I was talking about the EUR version. I'll wait until redNAND is stable enough to be used by the public to install Terraria then. Until then, I'll play using Loadiine. Thanks for the answers once again!

Reactions: plyscho

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I was talking about the EUR version. I'll wait until redNAND is stable enough to be used by the public to install Terraria then. Until then, I'll play using Loadiine. Thanks for the answers once again!
Ah, well my bad... Atleast you know about the app though :D

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If the title key isnt available for the EUR version then you could try editing the meta.xml and repacking the USA version. It involves having the Cafe SDK setup though.

If the EUR title key becomes available then its just a matter of creating a fake ticket.

Reactions: Lumince

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the title key isnt available for the EUR version then you could try editing the meta.xml and repacking the USA version. It involves having the Cafe SDK setup though.
I have the sdk (not hard to get tbh) and id like to try this. But I literally have never touched an sdk in my life... Do you know how to use it or is this a dead end for me attempting this :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1