Is it safe to install eShop-only games via the brazillian exploit?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by TheMynx, Nov 4, 2016.

1. TheMynx
    OP

TheMynx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 11, 2016
    Belgium
    I wanted to install Terraria to my Wii U's NAND today but realised it's an eShop-only game, does that mean it's still safe to install to the Wii U's hard drive or should I just play with Loadiine?

2. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    the 'brazil trick' isn't applicable to eshop games... only disk games.
    so i guess you just mean piracy and installing games, and nintendo hasn't really banned anyone for piracy for 3ds, so i think it's safe.

3. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Yes eshop titles and virtual console titles can only be installed to rednand they won't work on sysnand.

4. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    yes (for others to help understand) - the important part is that they need signature patches, and we only have them in rednand at the moment

5. TheMynx
    OP

TheMynx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 11, 2016
    Belgium
    Alright, thanks for the quick answers!

Marko76 and cearp like this.
  6. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Glad to help you out even with my limited knowledge lol

7. Biff627

Biff627 GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    Depending on what region you are on, I would suggest getting into the testing stage of this app https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-usb-helper-a-small-eshop-for-windows-wip.446565/ and get the ticket archive from that "TICKET SITE". It downloads the games from the eshop and uses the modified ticket for it to allow it to install via USB method. Terraria is one of them on the USA part of the archive. just saying... Its a very useful app and its all thanks to @Hikari06 :D

TheMynx likes this.
  8. plyscho

plyscho GBAtemp Regular

Sep 22, 2016
    Germany
    There are no "modified tickets". It's just that the old ones where not dumped correctly and have to be fixed before using. Also, Terraria USA can only be installed via USB because it was released on disc AND eshop (either that or THAT TITLE SITE has non-working tickets). The EUR version seems to be eShop only, on the other hand.

9. Biff627

Biff627 GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    Uhhhhh. The explain how its not a modified ticket if its EDITED? Its modified to function. Also, I said the USA version... I do understand that it has to be in disc format to actually get the ticket. Sooo yea

10. plyscho

plyscho GBAtemp Regular

Sep 22, 2016
    Germany
    Technically speaking the old tickets are modified. The new ones are reverted to their original state (as they are on disc). ;)

I should have aimed the second part of my post at the OP since he stated that Terraria is eShop only. Seeing that he is from the EU he's probably talking about the EUR version.

11. TheMynx
    OP

TheMynx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 11, 2016
    Belgium
    Yeah, I was talking about the EUR version. I'll wait until redNAND is stable enough to be used by the public to install Terraria then. Until then, I'll play using Loadiine. Thanks for the answers once again!

plyscho likes this.
  12. Biff627

Biff627 GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    Ah, well my bad... Atleast you know about the app though :D

13. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

Dec 24, 2008
    If the title key isnt available for the EUR version then you could try editing the meta.xml and repacking the USA version. It involves having the Cafe SDK setup though.

If the EUR title key becomes available then its just a matter of creating a fake ticket.

Biff627 likes this.
  14. Somebody Whoisbored

Somebody Whoisbored it's all okeydokey

May 12, 2016
    United States
    hypeland
    Terraria has a disk. Here's the link to the Amazon page

15. TheMynx
    OP

TheMynx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 11, 2016
    Belgium
    The EUR version doesn't

16. Biff627

Biff627 GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    I have the sdk (not hard to get tbh) and id like to try this. But I literally have never touched an sdk in my life... Do you know how to use it or is this a dead end for me attempting this :(