is it safe to install backup dvd's onto hard drive?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by mikejacobs, Jul 25, 2009.

1. mikejacobs
    OP

Newcomer mikejacobs Advanced Member

Japan
    i don't know anything about xbox 360 yet (i just got it 2 days ago),
    i heard it lets you install dvd games onto the hard drive (eventho you need to keep the dvd in the tray to play the game).
    my question is : is it safe to install the backup dvd's onto the hard drive, play it on live and be safe?
    of course, we are asssuming xbox 360 is flashed and the backup is properly patched with stealth patch and stuff.

2. dalekdan10

Newcomer dalekdan10 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    u mean onto a 360 hard drive or a pc hard drive, ill just do some research if its pc, if its 360, the sorry i cannot help you with that

3. Rock Raiyu

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    I think it is safe because even if you dump a backup to the HDD, the 360 reads your DVD as the original disk and there is no way for them to know its fake unless its a bad dump. Though I cannot say for sure as I haven't dumped any of my 360 backups to my HDD so I may be wrong.

You can't use PC HDD on a 360. You have to use 360 HDD.

4. 754boy

Banned 754boy :D

United States
    It is 100% safe. I got like 7 or 8 of my most played games stored on my hdd right now.

5. mrguess

Newcomer mrguess Newbie

United States
    Do you play them online? And how are you 100% sure it is safe?

6. WildWon

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    There is nothing that is 100% safe when messing with 360 Hacking/Moding/Flashing. There are ban waves that go down, and theres no set reason as to how they catch people. Microsoft has some major security measures that they don't let out, and its working for them.

There is no SAFE way to play backups. Just SAFER methods. i.e. keep an eye on the burns, get checking programs. Get them from "legit" sources... etc etc.

Ya never know when Microsoft is throwing out a banwave, and if you have a flashed system, theres no sure-fire way to stay safe.

Hope that helps ya [​IMG]

(oh, and on the backup/harddrive question, if you have a flashed system and you're playing backups online, then it'll make no difference if its via DVD or 360 harddrive. they are checked the same way on the security end)