Hacking Is it safe to download the nintendo channel?

JJBro1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've downloaded alot of wads for vc games and i want to download the nintendo channel, so when downloading it does it come with an update that stops all the homebrew/wads from working? Will i be detected?

Warren_303

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it is too soon for anyone to know what Nintendo has up their sleeve, if anything to block or prevent and so on.

There has been many that have played online and have gone to the Wii shop Channel to download or what not.
No one has mentioned any difference after installing VC wads and homebrew channels.

They have never done anything about people playing "backups" online at this time. So who really knows if they will do anything about it.

Or they could be plotting a plan right now in a conference room if they haven't already.
glare.gif

Which reminds me of that previous update that was discussed about IOS37 and what will happen once it's activated.
V From wii.qj.net

* Until the system menu is updated to use IOS37, it will have no effect.
* Once the system menu is updated to use IOS37, "Trucha-Signed" discs - or channels - will stop working, as will the Freeloader disc.
* At that point, "homebrew channels" would be considered "invalid" by the system. The consequences of this are unclear, but that could potentially prevent the Wii from booting.
* Other versions of IOS are not affected.
* The Twilight Hack is unaffected.

opiumx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone keeps asking, Is it safe? Is it safe? Reminds me of the movie marathon man. Anyway, if you are asking this question, then just dont do it. Go climb into a closet somewhere and hide, disconnect the internet or do whatever you want. If nintendo makes a move, I really dont think they will brick systems. If they did that, people would hate nintendo. Every bricked system would be a system that doesnt make nintendo money. No accessorys or software could be used with that system, which is not what they want.

I think one day you might get a message on your wii, "Unauthorized software removed for your safety" , or something like that. Take a look at the xbox's, have they bricked any systems for firmware hacking? No...

gacibula

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded this channel, and everything still works hunky dory. I don't have any VC injected games on my system... but I do have some homebrew emulator channels. All still works and is well. Although... I definitely didn't agree to let nintendo view what I play. Thats the last thing I need em seeing is that I played "NES emulator" and all that jazz on their end.

And like the above post, I doubt nintendo will be bricking systems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans