Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, take this as you will:

Downgrade successrate (All using CN):
2 O3DSs on various firmware (10.2 and 9.3) 100% the first time
1 N3DS on 9.9 - Downgrade failed in the middle but was able to boot to homemenu and boot CN and finish the downgrade(had to redo my CN exploit)
1 N3DS on 10.3 - 100%, first time.

Take that as you will, but it's always a risk.

Reactions: DesuIsSparta

Hyura

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't get why he's not banned. Such an annoying guy.

Well, now he's on the ignore list.

Reactions: Hoppy

ddurdle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I did and helped out on 5 downgrades. Each time the system was upgraded to 10.3 prior. The downgrade worked in each case, without any soft-bricks or failed mid-downgrades, etc. The key seems to be to eliminate issues from downgrading from any version < 10.3. Seems the best and most tested case is downgrade from 10.3. Because the most current version is 10.5, you really don't have the option of "trying" the downgrade from < 10.3, incase it fails. If it fails and you soft brick, you upgrade to 10.5 and game-over.

Your best bet is to sysupdate to 10.3 then downgrade to 9.2.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A friend and I, all together, successfully downgraded 3 o3DSs through IronHax. Take it as you will but we haven't had any issues whatsoever.

emuashui

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Now is Feb, sysupdater or safesysupdater which one better? Wonder if there is newer development in them and i missed any. thx

diego-rbb-93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Now is Feb, sysupdater or safesysupdater which one better? Wonder if there is newer development in them and i missed any. thx

It was supposed Cpasjuste was working on SafeSysUpdater rewriting its code to make it better but no news from him beyond a comment on the official post.

I wish he continues his work but all ive seen in his github is updates for CtrBootManager... Dont know if he finally passed on it...

Beyond that, i send a few hours ago a email to Gateway support and they told me to be patient on 10.3 support as it seems they are going bring 10.3 native support for what i understood on his text... And not a Downgrade method... Which i thought it would be their next step.

Last edited by diego-rbb-93,
Reactions: emuashui

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Personally I deem it safe, even if there is a risk of bricking. I've downgraded 6 systems without even a softbrick. Now with SafeSysUpdater that verifies the files for you, you have to be extremely unlucky, or stupid enough to power down the system during the process to brick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM