Homebrew Is it safe to delete legitimate tickets for content I own?

godstriker8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Basically, I'm tired of my DLC disappearing for games where tickets exist whenever I access the eshop.

So I was thinking about deleting tickets (after I backed up ticket.db) for games that I want to install DLC CIAs for.

Would this work, and if so, will I permanently lose any legitimate DLC I've purchased?

ShiftaDeband

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lets see. Lets say you own a legitimate Pokemon X, have it installed, and delete the ticket for it. Pokemon X will no longer be on your home screen, and it will have an X next to it in data management. You can reinstall the ticket (via FBI, for example) and it will be available again with saves intact.

However, deleting a ticket for a game you have purchased on your account will still let you redownload it through the eShop. I believe it must be checked server side?

This is as far as I understand it and have tested.

D

Deleted User

If you delete a ticket for any title, you basically revoke it's privileges to run.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea this happens when I Restore a nand backup from before I installed a game. The game doesn't show up and it gets that X. Its always fixed by installing the cia again. Bbm says the game is already installed, and when I go back to the home menu it's there again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.