Is it safe to delete legitimate tickets for content I own?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by godstriker8, May 28, 2016.

1. godstriker8
    OP

godstriker8 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 8, 2010
    Canada
    Basically, I'm tired of my DLC disappearing for games where tickets exist whenever I access the eshop.

So I was thinking about deleting tickets (after I backed up ticket.db) for games that I want to install DLC CIAs for.

Would this work, and if so, will I permanently lose any legitimate DLC I've purchased?

2. ShiftaDeband

ShiftaDeband Member

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2016
    United States
    Lets see. Lets say you own a legitimate Pokemon X, have it installed, and delete the ticket for it. Pokemon X will no longer be on your home screen, and it will have an X next to it in data management. You can reinstall the ticket (via FBI, for example) and it will be available again with saves intact.

However, deleting a ticket for a game you have purchased on your account will still let you redownload it through the eShop. I believe it must be checked server side?

This is as far as I understand it and have tested.

3. Tomato Hentai

Tomato Hentai hot death grips singles in your area

Oct 30, 2014
    Canada
    Alberta
    If you delete a ticket for any title, you basically revoke it's privileges to run.

4. Giodude

Giodude GBAtemp's official rock

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    yea this happens when I Restore a nand backup from before I installed a game. The game doesn't show up and it gets that X. Its always fixed by installing the cia again. Bbm says the game is already installed, and when I go back to the home menu it's there again.