Hacking Is it safe to change SD card without transferring contents to the new card?

Agathionn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, i installed CFW and Homebrew (Soundhax) on my Old 3DS and i'm thinking of switching to a 32GB SD Card, but i'm scared i'll brick my system if i change SD card. Could someone tell me if it would screw anything up?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It won't, just make sure you format the new one in FAT32 , then copy all of the contents from the old one to the new one; or just the boot.firm.

Also just to clear things up that wouldn't be considered a "brick" anyway.... Brick literally means, it's as useless as a brick which doesn't happen very often at all. Normally it's just a user error causing a blackscreen. When your console boots to a blue screen, does't boot at all (no LED lights come on) or is in pieces it's bricked. Otherwise it can more than likely be fixed with software...

Last edited by Majickhat55,

Agathionn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It won't, just make sure you format the new one in FAT32 , then copy all of the contents from the old one to the new one.

Also just to clear things up that wouldn't be considered a "brick" anyway.... Brick literally means, it's as useless as a brick which doesn't happen very often at all. Normally it's just a user error causing a blackscreen. When your console boots to a blue screen, does't boot at all (no LED lights come on) or is in pieces it's bricked. Otherwise it can more than likely be fixed with software...
Not the answer i needed but thanks anyways.. I asked if it was safe to switch SD card without transferring contents.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not the answer i needed but thanks anyways.. I asked if it was safe to switch SD card without transferring contents.
If it's safe to switch SD cards and the contents, it's obviously safe to switch the cards. You're just going to have to switch SD cards each time you want to access the content. Sorry I assumed you'd get your answer from my reply. You just need the "boot.firm" on your SD card.

Unless you copy the contents, you won't have any of your games/apps or anything. If you already knew that apologies, but you didn't say. Some people think CFW is installed on the console and it's not, it's installed on the SD card. Only the exploit is installed to the console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.