Hacking Is it safe to buy CycloDS now? o.=.o;;

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
That's got me convinced. I know about ExpLoader just not if it worked on CDS.
tongue.gif
I'll buy one hopefully within the next 2 months.
biggrin.gif

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jesterscourt said:
Szyslak said:
ExDee said:
Does the shipping cost alot for RHS?
About $7 S&H for a standard USPS package.

Use the code "SAVE5" for 5% off the order.

NO NEVER SHIP ELECTRONICS USPS!
SHIP DHL. They treat your package with care!
My packages shipped through USPS have ALWAYS come in perfect condition, unlike those shipped by FedEx or UPS which come beat to hell half of the time.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cutterjohn said:
jesterscourt said:
Szyslak said:
ExDee said:
Does the shipping cost alot for RHS?
About $7 S&H for a standard USPS package.

Use the code "SAVE5" for 5% off the order.

NO NEVER SHIP ELECTRONICS USPS!
SHIP DHL. They treat your package with care!
My packages shipped through USPS have ALWAYS come in perfect condition, unlike those shipped by FedEx or UPS which come beat to hell half of the time.
Yeah, I usually use USPS for things that will fit in my mailbox. Haven't had any problems yet. RHS packages their stuff pretty well too. I imagine you've had a bad experience jesterscourt, but it would be just as probable to have a bad experience with DHL.

Not that it's very germain to this issue, but I was a consultant in the logistics industry for 5 years or so. I've had extensive experience will all parcel shipping companies, and they are all equally prone to error in my experience. Saying "never" use one, or "always" use another is rather pointless IMO. They each have their good and bad points.

Bigmac8484

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just gonna warn people ordered white one from rhs. 90% sure it was a batch 3. It wouldn't work without the shim trick. I sent it back and making sure they send me a black one just to be safe but yeah to be safe order black. Maybe cyclo is reselling returned evos?!
blink.gif

Symbolic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THe new batch is all the black ones. From what the stores were saying such as RHS or Modchipcentral. They haven't received any faulty black evos, and that they are working like 100%. So, yeah. Also I bought me a CycloDS from Modchipcentral.com so I'm kewl.

Hazero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So my CycloDS arrived today, its the black one. Does it come with the latest firmware? Or would I have to download it from the official website?

Would check but my MicroSD still hasen't arrived.
mad.gif

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My black replacement Evo still came with firmware v1.2. I'd at least go to v1.22 unless you want realtime saving and support of some of the newest ROMs, then go with v1.3.

Urziel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
a white one I ordered is on its way from console up... I am scared... I did ask them for a black one but they said they only deal with white ones...

need.. psychological... support... fast...

I think its arriving tomorrow so I ll be able to check... cross fingers !!

EDIT: some additions

augiem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just ordered a white one from Jandaman before I saw this post. I just told them to cancel it.

Are the new models of the CycloDS are BLACK? (White ones are the old batch?)
I am somewhat confused by conflicting posts on this board, but I don't want to spread bad information.

I just want to be sure before I place that order.

Mega_Nift

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anyone know if consolesource.com is reliable for selling cyclos? they seem pretty legit, and i planned on buying from there so i can get everything at an ok price

also, is it true that the white cyclos at realhotstuff are the build with the bugs? i think its first generation

TopModders

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Mega_Nift said:
does anyone know if consolesource.com is reliable for selling cyclos? they seem pretty legit, and i planned on buying from there so i can get everything at an ok price

also, is it true that the white cyclos at realhotstuff are the build with the bugs? i think its first generation

We recieve the newest batch from Team Cyclops yesterday.
If you are interested, please visit our store. ===> Top Modders!
We are based in Hong Kong, and provide international shipping!
Of course we are official reseller..
gbasp.gif

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I received my CycloDS Evo some days ago from divineo (I urge you NOT to buy there, though
mad.gif
), and unfortunately the MicroSD is sticking out by roughly 1mm...it's not a big deal, so I'm not sending it back in, but still unfortunate...
Works perfectly, though
yaynds.gif

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
augiem said:
I just ordered a white one from Jandaman before I saw this post. I just told them to cancel it.

Are the new models of the CycloDS are BLACK? (White ones are the old batch?)
I am somewhat confused by conflicting posts on this board, but I don't want to spread bad information.

I just want to be sure before I place that order.
If you buy from a reputable seller that does alot of business, e.g. realhotstuff, OzModChip, etc. then yes you are guaranteed that any (black or white shelled) Evolution is the latest model as they ALWAYS sell through their orders quickly.

The black shelled ones will ALWAYS be the latest model as the older batches NEVER came in black.

Some of the slimier resellers may still have leftover stock from the old batches, e.g. divineo and a couple of other who attempted price gougin in December. (They jacked their prices from c. $53 to $80 in December, and left them there for a while, but backed down later.)

sirender72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody know when the new white batch will be in stock at places like RHS? I was looking to buy a white one from there to match my DS, but they currently only have black. I'm wondering how long I might have to wait, or should I just suck it up and buy a black one. I suppose that would be a safe bet...

mthegreatone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
purchased from divineo....new White CycloDS Evo. almost filled my 2gb card and no problems with it so far. heck, even the bundled card reader works well compared to the uSD readers that were first packed with the earlier batches of CDS.

and i don't know ppl complain about the fact that the uSD somewhat protrudes from the flashcart. in my case it sticks out JUST BARELY half of 1mm...for some reason, people just don't understand how miniscule that is.

but even so i've been getting mixed reactions from the Team Cyclops forums that ppl get around 0.5-1.5mm of their uSD sticking out of the flashcard and not even that is considered a big deal

themartin26

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I must have gotten lucky with my CDS. I got a hardware version 1 from divineo last November and have had zero problems with it. I use a 6GB sandisk SDHC card, and like I said, zero problems. I use my DS almost everyday. The CycloDS Evolution is the best Flashcart I've ever used. I've also converted some friends after they've seen how well mine works. If the new builds are that much better as people say, they by all means, pick one up.

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All 3 of my CycloDS Evos ROCK! I have one of the older white ones (got it about 8 months ago), and just got 2 new black ones from realhotstuff.com. All work great with my 4gb and 8gb microsdhc and have never had any problems. I love them 10 times more than my old R4 which was nothing BUT problems. The gui interface is clean and simply. The reliability and performance is rock solid. Don't hesitate on getting a Cyclo for a second!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?