Is it safe (being on Homebrew) to call Nintendo to transfer a game between 3DS's?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by PowerMiner, Oct 31, 2015.

1. PowerMiner
    OP

PowerMiner Advanced Member

Aug 17, 2015
    United States
    I have custom themes, OoTHax, soon MenuHax, and I'm on 10.1, I'm planning to call Nintendo customer service to transfer the game (AA: Dual Destinies, which about a year ago i bought on my little sister's system because it had no age limit like mine which had an nnid while hers still doesn't)

Would they ask me to update my system or anything..? Or detect anything?

Just is it safe?

Sorry if this is slightly off-topic but being homebrew related i figure i'd better ask here

Also with 2.5 I could get on the eshop to download it, which is I assume how I'd get it afterwards, correct?
    Thanks!

2. LeifEricson

LeifEricson Coming Soon™

Jun 22, 2012
    United States
    New York, USA
    I've had this experience in the past. If you say that you need to transfer the game, but you can't do a system transfer, they usually won't ask too many questions. You could even make up some excuse like you don't have easy access to wifi where you live, but I don't think they'll ask.

You'll need to get on the eShop to re-download it once it's transferred, yes. Just hope that whatever Nintendo is doing to the eShop this Sunday isn't somehow killing the spoof app.

3. PowerMiner
    OP

Aug 17, 2015
    United States
    They CAN transfer just one game between multiple systems without goofing any of the games on either one, right?

Should I just explain honestly that I need the one game transferred because of their not letting me buy the game on my system? xD
    Just system transferring and losing all the other games on my system would not be worth it

4. LeifEricson

LeifEricson Coming Soon™

Jun 22, 2012
    United States
    New York, USA
    Yeah, actually it's even less of a problem since her 3ds still doesn't have an NNID. Any pre-NNID purchases are usually transferred without questions (from my experience, the same thing happened with me and my sister).

5. PowerMiner
    OP

Aug 17, 2015
    United States
    Oh! I'm glad I waited, I was going to put an NNID on her 3DS haha.

Thanks so much for the advice!