Hacking Is it recommended to keep the 3ds off the net if using a flashcard?

andyd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I read that Nintendo will automatically update the system if there is an update available. Sounds like it makes sense not to leave the 3DS online?

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
I don't think there's anything to worry about until the hack is released -- which seems a ways down the road.

And yea, if a hack is released I would erase the wifi settings and keep the wireless light off.

1. the system can download an update which will nag you periodically and keep you from installing a possible future cfw.

2. even is the wifi settings are erased, it will still connect to att hotspots and download updates if you leave the wireless switch off (I've tested this)

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
You're prompted to install the update. The warning screen says you have to plug the 3DS into a power supply and get permission from an adult if you're under 18, hence no automatic updates.

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a superstitious person. So I keep my wifi off when i'm using my flashcart and press the A button rapidly when i'm capturing Pokemon.

Reactions: jakeyjake

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all