Is it reccomended to use FMCB for other stuff if you have a modchipped

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by Link5084, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Link5084

Member Link5084 Sword & Shield at your service

Aug 6, 2008
    United States
    I'm going to use the Codebreaker method for the PS2 since it's already on a burned disc. Should I use FMCB on the chipped PS2? Will it do any damage or anything? I want to use stuff like add SNESstation, put HDLoader, and put SMS on it. I'm not going to use ESR on it. It says on their website though that...

"It is not reccomended to use FMCB with a modchip, unless you know it can be disabled 100%. The CC 2.0 SLE doesnt fully disable and will result in a black screen when using FMCB with a modchip"

What do they mean? Do they mean using ESR or something?
  2. playallday

Member playallday Group: GBAtemp Ghost

May 23, 2008
    I think even is it doesn't work all you have to do is take out the memory card and format it on a non-modded PS2.

I don't see why it'd break anything.
  3. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 28, 2003
    United Kingdom
    I don't think it matters if it's made on a unmodded machine. It seems some mods just interfere with it booting up.

Not quite sure why you'd want to use it with a chipped ps2 anyway, unless it was a really old mod. Crystal chips boot manager can load apps from memory card anyway, and most of the others have dev mode, so you can just set dev1 to boot something like uLaunchElf , then from there load what ever you wanted to.