some1ne

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo got me interested in the 3DS with the price drop. I was thinking about selling my DSi with a few games and an R4i Ultra that I have (maybe ill buy the acekard 2i) and pay some more bucks to buy a 3DS. But I've read on many websites that the battery really sucks, it has a design flaw (the lack of a 2nd analog stick) and Nintendo would release some kind of "3DS Lite" soon. And I dont think that there are many games for it, people say that the 3D causes headaches, and the ar games get boring.
I'm interested in playing Ocarina of Time 3D, because people say its the best zelda game and I never played a zelda game more than one hour or so.
So, is it really worth it ?

some1ne

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Im not a sony/m$ fanboy, so im not "HATING" the 3DS. I actually kinda liked it, and i also like some nintendo franchises like mario, zelda, and smash bros. I was interested in vita too, but i think its gonna be expensive.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Well if you must give OoT a try, download a N64 emulator, and pirate it, or if you own a N64, buy the original cart.

There's no doubt that the 3DS will be revised and may include a second analog pad but that may not be for another year...

Anyway, I'll sum this up by saying that my 3DS is greatly loved, I've got OoT, Rayman and Starfox 64 and I think it's worth it.

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
If you wanted to play Zelda Four Swords but were too much of an anti-social shut-in to have any firends that happened to be wealthy enough to own their own Gameboy Advance and their own copy of Zelda Four Swords/Link to the Past then you can download the Zelda Four Swords at absolutely no cost! (Of course if you have a DSi you can do this as well, but if you upgrade to the 3DS in the future, there is no guarantee that you would be able to transfer it.)

some1ne

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
DJ91990 said:
If you wanted to play Zelda Four Swords but were too much of an anti-social shut-in to have any firends that happened to be wealthy enough to own their own Gameboy Advance and their own copy of Zelda Four Swords/Link to the Past then you can download the Zelda Four Swords at absolutely no cost! (Of course if you have a DSi you can do this as well, but if you upgrade to the 3DS in the future, there is no guarantee that you would be able to transfer it.)
I already downloaded it on my DSi.(Why does the GBA version looks better than this one??)
I've only played the tutorial by now.

some1ne

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
One of the things that worries me the most, is the battery...
unsure.gif

DxEggman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read on many websites that the battery really sucks,
-This tends to get exaggerated

it has a design flaw (the lack of a 2nd analog stick)

-lack of second stick being a design flaw is among the stupidest things i've ever read.

Nintendo would release some kind of "3DS Lite" soon.

-*facepalm*

I dont think that there are many games for it,
-http://www.nintendo3dsgamer.com/3ds-games-list/
yeah, okay.

people say that the 3D causes headaches,
-exaggeration

and the ar games get boring.
-doesn't mean everyone thinks so.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
d00dleFace said:
Nintendo got me interested in the 3DS with the price drop. I was thinking about selling my DSi with a few games and an R4i Ultra that I have (maybe ill buy the acekard 2i) and pay some more bucks to buy a 3DS. But I've read on many websites that the battery really sucks, it has a design flaw (the lack of a 2nd analog stick) and Nintendo would release some kind of "3DS Lite" soon. And I dont think that there are many games for it, people say that the 3D causes headaches, and the ar games get boring.
I'm interested in playing Ocarina of Time 3D, because people say its the best zelda game and I never played a zelda game more than one hour or so.
The bold part is making me sick.

There has been no confirmation at all that there will be a redesign soon. In addition, the 3DS just got itself a new color (Misty Pink coming soon in Japan). I don't exactly see it as a design flaw, but rather for another purpose. It could be planned all along (yeah guild is going to nail me), who knows? Whatever it is, the slidepad expansion is optional.

To answer your question (sorry for my ranting), a 3DS just for OoT and DS games is seriously not worth it. If you are interested in the other titles (Mario Kart, Mario 3D Land and third parties like Kingdom Hearts, Monster Hunter (announced for Japan for the time being) and Resident Evil), then it's a worthwhile investment. It can also play your DS games. Battery wise, I got about 4 - 6 hours on 3D and 6 - 8 hours on 2D content. Generally, most people don't turn the 3D on while playing now.

As for headaches, some people do get them but most of them got used to it after awhile. If you face such problem, there is something known as the 3D depth slider (or 3D volume in the JP sets.)

I'm not a huge fan of AR, but the preloaded AR games can last for awhile. Some games come with it as well.

Reactions: 1 person

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DxEggman said:

-lack of second stick being a design flaw is among the stupidest things i've ever read.

-*facepalm*

yeah, okay.

-exaggeration

Not to mention ar isn't really a deal breaker or maker, sadly(?).

d00dleFace said:
One of the things that worries me the most, is the battery...
unsure.gif

I don't need it,but look here

[youtube]Jyf0VbC-uSU[/youtube]

and here.

Link

Yes btw.
tongue.gif

QUOTE(chris888222 @ Sep 30 2011, 11:22 PM)
Generally, most people don't turn the 3D off while playing now.
*fix

inb4Guildrant

some1ne

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
DxEggman said:

-*facepalm*

yeah, okay.

-exaggeration

Yeah, your right.
I'd like to know why it's not selling really well, as Nintendo reported. (Yes, I know about the 260% boost in sales, after the price drop)

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
d00dleFace said:
DxEggman said:

-*facepalm*

yeah, okay.

-exaggeration

Yeah, your right.
I'd like to know why it's not selling really well, as Nintendo reported. (Yes, I know about the 260% boost in sales, after the price drop)
Simple. It is lacking in quality games right now. Most games are coming in end 2011 - 2012.

some1ne

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:
d00dleFace said:
The bold part is making me sick.

There has been no confirmation at all that there will be a redesign soon. In addition, the 3DS just got itself a new color (Misty Pink coming soon in Japan). I don't exactly see it as a design flaw, but rather for another purpose. It could be planned all along (yeah guild is going to nail me), who knows? Whatever it is, the slidepad expansion is optional.
I'm worrying about this possibility because I got the DS in 2005 (phat), and one year later they released the DS Lite. My original DS now has a broken top screen (those "rings" that make it open/close). I couldn't afford a new DS that time. It was so bad and ugly when compared to the DS Lite.

To answer your question (sorry for my ranting), a 3DS just for OoT and DS games is seriously not worth it. If you are interested in the other titles (Mario Kart, Mario 3D Land and third parties like Kingdom Hearts, Monster Hunter (announced for Japan for the time being) and Resident Evil), then it's a worthwhile investment. I hope I can buy all thosr games. They are expensive here in Brazil. It can also play your DS games. Battery wise, I got about 4 - 6 hours on 3D and 6 - 8 hours on 2D content. Generally, most people don't turn the 3D on while playing now.

As for headaches, some people do get them but most of them got used to it after awhile. If you face such problem, there is something known as the 3D depth slider (or 3D volume in the JP sets.)
I actually never got a headache when watching something in 3D (except one time when I was little and I was eating while watching the movie with those red/cyan glasses)

I'm not a huge fan of AR, but the preloaded AR games can last for awhile. Some games come with it as well.

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
you've missed the ambassador program but a lot of people will be buying 3ds for zelda four swords FREE and the new mario games coming before new year

NOW is a good time to buy 3ds, in RED

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
QUOTE said:
I'm worrying about this possibility because I got the DS in 2005 (phat), and one year later they released the DS Lite.

Unless he was lying, here. I got to agree with him though. It's roughly the same size as the lite yet it packs a lot more.

QUOTEI hope i can buy all those games, They are expensive here in Brazil
Try importing from Amazon USA or Play-Asia? But at least you're interested.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
d00dleFace said:
Arent mario games (I like the main series) too childish for a 14 year old guy ?
*facepalm*

Nobody is too old for games.

I'm 22 and I still play Mario.

Other than Mario of course, there are others I didn't mention. Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem etc.

some1ne

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:
QUOTE said:
I'm worrying about this possibility because I got the DS in 2005 (phat), and one year later they released the DS Lite.

Unless he was lying, here. I got to agree with him though. It's roughly the same size as the lite yet it packs a lot more.

Arent the taxes for international delivery a bit high ?

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
d00dleFace said:
chris888222 said:
QUOTE said:

Arent the taxes for international delivery a bit high ?
As far as I know, some games at Amazon are priced pretty low. The thing you'll need to pay is shipping.

I'm not that sure about other taxes as it differs from country. Over here for such small items tax isn't required.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16