Is it Possible?...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by LightyKD, Aug 20, 2009.

Aug 20, 2009

Is it Possible?... by LightyKD at 8:37 PM (952 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. LightyKD
    OP

Member LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

United States
    I know that NAND dumps can be shared using "Betwiin" but is it possible to transfer your NAND dump and then reset the Wii System Number back to the "Original" number. Ill set up a "story" so that you all can figure out what Im thinking of.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Say you have a pair of siblings, a brother and a sister. Big bro has a modded Wii with a bunch of VC games his little sister wants. He wants to create a copy of his NAND to stick on little sister's Wii but he doesnt want the 2 systems to share System Numbers.

1) Little sis's save files and friend codes will be saved to an SD card so that friend codes are not lost and can be returned after the dump by taking off the copy protection

2) Big bro doesnt want 2 Wii's to have the same number so that WiiConnect 24 does not get confused and sends his mail to the wrong Wii.

...I heard of "repair disc" being able to change Wii Numbers but seriously, how would someone go about doing such a thing?

2. mousex

Member mousex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Don't create threads with titles like "Is it possible", question into title, "Is it possible" into sub-title.
    Now On-Topic: Use Waninkoko's WAD creator, create WADs from all the games and install them onto sister's Wii.

3. comex

Newcomer comex Advanced Member

United States
    Yes.

4. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    Or use the "repair disc" (gay fish, pink fish, backup disc 1.31, etc etc etc...) and toy around between the functions, it is all self-explained, but you only have 10 choices to pick off....!!! [​IMG]

5. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Or you could wait for the NAND emulator to be released and emulate your NAND on the other Wii when you want to use that stuff and just use the other Wii as is when you don't.

6. Slimmmmmm

Member Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

United Kingdom
    So in theory, I can install games to SD on the 4.0 menu, clone the nand and stick it on one of my other Wiis. Games on the 4.0 menu to SD will play on both with a little editing of the nand..... Then the SD card could be used on either wii..hmmm