deethebee

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
to load backups on softmodded wii through disk channel?
another ?
i cant load any of my backups through wiigators backup loader 0.3 anymore idk why
i installed the cios for softchip usb (to play rockband 2)
i can only play some of my backups

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
For disc channel backups get cioscorp, but i personally don't recommend it.

About you cIOS, get the new rev8 cIOS as IOS249 and install the Rock Band cIOS37rev7 as IOS248 and select IOS248 in SoftChip for Rock Band and IOS249 for everything else. The cIOS37 shouldn't cause the problem you have, but it does cause problems with WAD Manager and other apps from Waninkoko, so it's a really bad idea to have that as IOS249.

capuuz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it is possible to load backups through the disk channel on a soft modded wii. The programs you should use are preloader and CIOSCORP with a 3.2 system software.

helloforum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorta... If you hold down 1 button while launching wiigator backup launcher. A menu will pop up press b and your wii will restart and will be able to read backups in the disk channel.

Why is CIOSCORP better than backup loader?

D

Deleted User

More compatibility since it doesn't force the backups to run on a certain IOS (Which Gamma Loader does)

goku21temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More compatibility since it doesn't force the backups to run on a certain IOS (Which Gamma Loader does)

-----------------------------------

i can´t believe that as installing new ios for new games wouldn´t make any sense then...

edit: and i needed to patch my reds steel to ios 36 to run properly.... that mekes no sense too then

D

Deleted User

What I meant is IOS reloading in some games like Sam and Max.

The games reboot the IOS it is SUPPOSED to use. Meaning, they reboot the game using the IOS it is intended to run on. And it's official IOS too.

In official IOS, backups WON'T RUN.

CIOSCORP is every single IOS dipped to be a cIOS. cIOS allow backup running. So, the IOS-Reloading Games will work.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Struggling said:
Two Words = Search Function

You could have just told him instead of this smart ass reply. I will remember that if I ever see you asking for help. The OP probably did search yet couldn't find anything hence he asked. There sure is alot of similar wii topics around but sometimes the answer you need is really hard to find and sometimes its unfindable unless you spend like a week looking for it and heck who says the answer your looking for already exists on gbatemp? Why not just help him instead of doing that? This needs to stop on gbatemp. I do understand peoples frustration when people keep asking the same things but this isn't exactly something you see everyday. The gbatemp forums are here to help people and the site wouldn't be the same if people didn't ask for help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple