Question Is it possible to use Wii U saves for switch games?

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by Powerful, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Powerful
    OP

Powerful GBAtemp Fan

Dec 7, 2016
    United States
    With save editors, and managers would it be possible to take our Wii U save for a game like donkey Kong country tropical freeze, and use it on the Switch, or is it not possible because they are not exactly the same game?

2. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I could've sworn that there exists a method for breath of the wild.

Powerful likes this.
  3. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Powerful likes this.
  4. tbb043

tbb043 Member

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
  5. Powerful
    OP

Powerful GBAtemp Fan

Dec 7, 2016
    United States
    My girl will be so happy that’s her fav game lol. Ugh I really don’t want to have to 200% DKC TF again. I’ll see if it works for other games after I try the breath of the wild. Thanks!

Cyan likes this.
  6. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    lol...I actually beat dkc 200% a second time on the switch. I love the game so much, that I bought it on the switch after having bought it on the wii u. this time, however, I bought it retail where as on the wii u it was digital. I bought a friend a copy of the game (digitally) from gamestop, so suffice it to say, I've spent a small fortune on the game. :P

Powerful likes this.
  7. Powerful
    OP

Powerful GBAtemp Fan

Dec 7, 2016
    United States
    Nice! I plan on replaying the game with funky Kong since he’s my favorite Kong. I just don’t want to have to re do the hard mode again lol. I’ve done dkc 101% dkc2 dq 102% and dkc3 105% (I originally got 103% and had to redo the whole game realizing there was a hard mode cheat for 105% that I then had to replay lol) and got my 200% all golds on dkc returns. Returns to me was the hardest. If your switch is hacked I’ll totally take a save game that’s 200% if you’re willing to share. I’ve already replayed it so many times I am not sure I want to grind for it again.

Last edited by Powerful, Sep 6, 2018
    godreborn likes this.
  8. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    funky kong messes things up quite often. it's his double-jump and glide. it's the glide mostly. I think I have 100% in funky mode and 200% in normal mode.

Powerful likes this.
  9. Powerful
    OP

Powerful GBAtemp Fan

Dec 7, 2016
    United States
    Gotcha I have yet to try funky but it should be a blast.

10. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    it should be fine as long as you don't glide. his glide is extremely slow, which is the problem for me. ;)