Hacking Question Is it possible to use USB drives as storage devices to load your games yet?

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Pardon if this question has been answered numerous times before but I haven't been around here in quite some time here and haven't caught up with homebrew updates and such.
So I was wondering the other day can it be possible to put some .nsp files onto your thumb drive then stick it on your Nintendo switch whilst docked.
What got me to believe this was this broken feature (I can't tell whether it's a broken feature or something broken on my part xP) I spotted on tinfoil which presumably tries to access you the USB storage or whatever.

Now my question is. Has there been an app that utilizes the usb ports on the switches dock it would be cool to have access to such a feature and load and install .nsp games right off your USB drive.
Yeah sure there's USB installs over the USB type C cable but being aware of the risks of shady USB C cables out there and the harm they could potentially fry your switch if they're not the right cable, game installs off a USB drive seem a lot safer to say the least.

I'm not talking about .xci loading but using your USB drives to store games and install them to your nand or as card. But it doesn't have to be particularly limited to storing .nsp files. It can be anything from homebrew music or whatever
So guys has there been an app that installs .nsp files from the USB ports by using USB drives ever been released as of yet?

Thanks.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only SX OS right now that support running XCI format games off HDD, knowing SciresM he doesn't support warez so I doubt we will ever see USB support coming from him, maybe someone else can make it to work with Atmosphere. Xortroll worked on a project called the FSP-USB but seem like he gave up on it.

Curtman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I was wondering the other day can it be possible to put some .nsp files onto your thumb drive then stick it on your Nintendo switch whilst docked.

I'm no expert, but SXOS allows you to do this. A simple workaround for Atmosphere/Kosmos/Etc in which you don't need the USB stick is that you can load a Java app called "Quark" (comes with goldleaf) on a PC after entering Goldleaf and connecting the switch with the USB cable. It will allow you to access directories on the PC as if it was a USB stick in that way.

Reactions: NoNAND

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I'm no expert, but SXOS allows you to do this. A simple workaround for Atmosphere/Kosmos/Etc in which you don't need the USB stick is that you can load a Java app called "Quark" (comes with goldleaf) on a PC after entering Goldleaf and connecting the switch with the USB cable. It will allow you to access directories on the PC as if it was a USB stick in that way.
You know, now that I have a RCM loader usb dongle the only thing left for me to buy us a SX OS license.

Curtman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You know, now that I have a RCM loader usb dongle the only thing left for me to buy us a SX OS license.

The USB Mass Storage support in SXOS is buggy and stupid I found.. And its closed source and proprietary, so nobody can fix it. Quark/Goldleaf works well.

210modz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The USB Mass Storage support in SXOS is buggy and stupid I found.. And its closed source and proprietary, so nobody can fix it. Quark/Goldleaf works well.

Yea, not at all. I've been running sx os since release and have had 0 issues at all with running games off USB. I'm not sure what there is to fix.

Last edited by 210modz,

roden

Trophies
XP
Country
It works fine, but craps out if you have a corrupt image, which i do but cant find out what one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    ouch @K3Nv2 hope nothing's too bad !
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    xda a good site. My go to site for phone shit. :)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Females have burnt me worse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    females don't exist
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Tamales exist.
    +1
    Setting FF to max performance on my gpu made it slower. lol. Tried it on Edge too just to see, and it made Edge slower too. lol
    Thanks for trying. :)
    +1
    ill just use edge and watch nintendo videos on firefox. lolol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The everything beagle cup noodles are actually pretty decent
    dog noodles. mmmmmm.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    monkey brains
    The cream cheese flavoring in the bagel cups scares me
    Did you try the breakfast one they make?
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    A good salmon Poké bowl with some cream cheese is decadent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's really not bad you just think of cold cream cheese
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    being lactose intolerant is a sin
    I dont like cream cheese. Thats why. Haha. The breakfast noodle cup sounds fantastic though.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I beat grilled cream cheese would be top notch
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    @ZeroT21 tons of ingredients contains lactose more or less sadly. Makes them tummy aches and farts-o-lantern rocket launches
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My only gripe too many poppy seeds a cop may taze me
    "Start your day with Cup Noodles Breakfast! This limited time flavor blends ramen with your favorite breakfast flavors, including pancakes, maple syrup, sausage, and eggs."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If our Walmart has them yours probably does
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I came to like french Camembert
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: I came to like french Camembert