Is it possible to use OOThax on a digital version of a different region?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by 15avaughn, Dec 7, 2015.

1. 15avaughn
    OP

15avaughn Member

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2015
    United States
    So today I got a New 3DS from Japan, but unfortunately its system software is 8.1.0-0J so I can't get CFW on it and I can't use browserhax on it since it doesn't have a browser.

I don't own Cubic Ninja or a flashcard, so I can't update it to 9.2.0 either. I also don't really have the money to get Cubic Ninja or a flashcard.

I wanted CFW so I could get my old digital games and play them on the New 3DS, but it's not that important since I still have my old 3DS. However if anyone has another idea to get CFW I would be grateful.

Anyway, CFW aside, I feel like the best option is to buy a copy of Ocarina of Time 3D in Japanese and just update my 3DS to 10.0.3 to use hax instead, just in case Nintendo somehow patches hax 2.5 in a new update (and so I can access the eShop easily).

Since that's the case, I was wondering if I could use my American O3DS with OOThax to somehow put OOThax on a digital Japanese copy.

I could buy a physical copy instead, but since it's the holidays, having a physical copy shipped will probably be kind of slow, so I'd rather use a digital copy if possible, but I'm not sure if it is.

2. ootnes2

ootnes2 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 26, 2015
    United States
    You currently don't have a way of getting a digital copy from another region onto the Japanese N3DS. You can use your American O3DS to put oothax onto the physical Japanese OOT cart.

3. 15avaughn
    OP

15avaughn Member

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2015
    United States
    Oh well, looks like I'll have to wait a while to play my games on the New 3DS then. Thanks anyway though.