Hacking Is it possible to use multiman with internet connection disabled?

Falseknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have multiman version 4.60 and have no problems playing backups off of the USB but if I disable my internet connection or my internet is down multiman will freeze at the startup screen with the black smiley face.
I'm in the Navy and don't have a connection on the ship. I have my laptop though if there is some way to use that as a "connection".
Is there a setting or something I need to change in order to start multiman with the connection disabled? If not are there any other backup managers that will work with connection disabled?
I'm new to all this and a bit surprised I was able to get this far.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

D

Deleted User

MM doesn't need an internet connection. My slim hasn't been on the internet in years and MM seems to work okay. Obviously you won't have game updates though. If it's freezing at the start screen, first try disconnecting all external devices. Then delete MM and try reinstalling.

Falseknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will try this tomorrow. I just find it strange it works when connection is enabled and freezes when it is disabled.

Falseknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uninstalled and reinstalled ver. 04.66.06. Still had same problems. Messed with settings in MM that had anything to do with FTP, network, remote etc. and I was able to get it to work with connection disabled. Then reset all settings back to original one at a time to see if I could figure out which one was causing it... All went back to previous settings and still worked how I wanted it to... Dunno... but it works. Thanks for the idea.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse