Is it possible to use Gateway Cardridge with N3DS cfw (RxTool)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by tsigalko, Feb 5, 2016.

1. tsigalko
    OP

tsigalko Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2016
    Thailand
    Hi,

I have New3DS XL 10.3 downgrade to 9.2 and install cfw (RxTool) with coldboot. Everything work fine.

And i have to try NTR Cheat Plug-in, too. It's work perfectly. but the cheat can find on speedfly.cn only.

i see feature on gateway card can do about search and add cheat (like 'ArtMoney' on PC). So, i want to try this feature. Can i use gateway card with cfw new3ds xl?

Please suggest.

Thank you very much.

2. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    You can use the gw launcher and the same emunand

3. tsigalko
    OP

tsigalko Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2016
    Thailand
    Thanks.

Can i use existing sd card that install cfw?

in my opinion, when i launch in gateway launcher, it's will load game on sd card at gateway card.

4. wurstpistole

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Gateway is also just a CFW but it needs the Gateway card in the slot to work. They all use the same Emunand. I have a Gateway created Emunand but don't even own a Gateway.

Only difference is that you can launch .3ds roms from the Gateway card. Other than that you could as well sell that Gateway and go to .cia files completeley.

5. Hayleia

Hayleia GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 26, 2015
    France
    Basically, you can have both rxTools and Gateway on your 3DS, sharing the same emuNAND. And you can choose what to boot when turning your 3DS on (using CtrBootManager or similar). So you'll be able to use GW features when you want, or rxTools features when you want... just not at the same time (you can't boot rxTools and expect your GW card to be recognized but you can reboot to Gateway).