Hacking Is it possible to use game IPS patches on SXOS?

Sudo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've IPS patched ROMs for emulators in the past, but I don't know if it's possible to use IPS patches on SXOS like it is with Atmosphere. If so, what folder do the patches need to go in?

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've IPS patched ROMs for emulators in the past, but I don't know if it's possible to use IPS patches on SXOS like it is with Atmosphere. If so, what folder do the patches need to go in?
If your referring to ips patches like pokemon rom hack ips patches, those and the switches ips patches are completely different, they may use the same container, but do different things. I could also be wrong bout all that, but its to the best of my knowledge

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If your referring to ips patches like pokemon rom hack ips patches, those and the switches ips patches are completely different, they may use the same container, but do different things. I could also be wrong bout all that, but its to the best of my knowledge
An IPS patch is an IPS patch, all it is is a set of patches for a specific file.

Sudo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

IPS Patches? Do you mean the signature patches?
I'm talking about patches that were made for Moero Chronicle and its sequel Moero Crystal Hyper posted in this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/moero-chronicles-hyper.537568/page-3#post-9209312
The games have extreme menu lag when played on CFW that isn't present with retail copies on OFW. Fixes were made in .ips format but they're for Atmosphere so I'm wondering if I can use them on SXOS as well, and how to do that if it's possible.

Last edited by Sudo,

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes all ips patches work on the latest beta sxos 3.0.5 build, just put them in the usual folder sxos/titles/exefs_patches.. they should all work fine.

Edit: I use ips patches on sxos and they work this will confirm

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: peteruk

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm talking about patches that were made for Moero Chronicle and its sequel Moero Crystal Hyper posted in this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/moero-chronicles-hyper.537568/page-3#post-9209312
The games have extreme menu lag when played on CFW that isn't present with retail copies on OFW. Fixes were made in .ips format but they're for Atmosphere so I'm wondering if I can use them on SXOS as well, and how to do that if it's possible.
Those patches are not needed for SX OS. This bug shouldn't affect SX OS users as this is issue with ams.mitm sysmodule which is not present in SX OS. But by using those patches you can get better performance than in stock.

Sudo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes all ips patches work on the latest beta sxos 3.0.5 build, just put them in the usual folder sxos/titles/exefs_patches.. they should all work fine.

Edit: I use ips patches on sxos and they work this will confirm
Thanks, I'll give it a try later today when I can play.
Those patches are not needed for SX OS. This bug shouldn't affect SX OS users as this is issue with ams.mitm sysmodule which is not present in SX OS. But by using those patches you can get better performance than in stock.
The game definitely does lag on SXOS as well, I tried it as an xci and a friend did it with a nsp.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Thanks, I'll give it a try later today when I can play.

The game definitely does lag on SXOS as well, I tried it as an xci and a friend did it with a nsp.
Because game works like shit. Issue is that on Atmosphere it's lagging to the level that it's not playable at all.
If game is working worse in places with many texts, then yeah - I'm wrong.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Someone can correct me if I am wrong but game patches 60fps for example all they do is force the game into a docked system which supposedly gives it better performance. You can try using reversenx and set your game into docked system this will give you the same outcome

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Someone can correct me if I am wrong but game patches 60fps for example all they do is force the game into a docked system which supposedly gives it better performance. You can try using reversenx and set your game into docked system this will give you the same outcome
1. Wrong
2. You can't, it's 32-bit game
3. Wrong

All you said is wrong. :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs