Is it possible to use cheats and get the dlc for hyrule warriors loadline?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by aalvi, May 21, 2016.

1. aalvi
    OP

aalvi Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2007
    Canada
    on 5.5.1 loadline. Game seems pretty nice(never thought I'd like the combo of DW and Zelda, if it comes on NX I'd probably buy it).

KiiWii likes this.
  2. NWPlayer123

NWPlayer123 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2012
    United States
    The Everfree Forest
    DLC is downloadable content for a reason, you can't just edit a memory address and magically "unlock" it, you gotta go through all the authentication hoops

TeddyBearYoshi and rbsk like this.
  3. aalvi
    OP

aalvi Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2007
    Canada
    Sorry I didnt mean using cheats to get the dlc

I meant it separately. Use cheats for inf money or whatever. I was also curious if we found a way to download dlc the same way we can play games using loadline(maybe put it in some folder similar to updates).

So two questions

4. Zurifury

Zurifury Member

Newcomer
    Apr 16, 2016
    Brazil
    I'm curious about this as well, if I buy dlc on eshop it will work for hyrule warriors loadiine?

5. NWPlayer123

NWPlayer123 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2012
    United States
    The Everfree Forest
    Not without a ticket, no, and you need ARM/IOSU kernel access to get it for downloadable titles so the only way right now is to purchase it, have it download, and dump with ddd, and then it might be possible to trick the game into loading it without having to use the aoc library, I thought I saw something where loadiine can access installed DLC with the game, just gotta make sure it's the right game region

Pachee likes this.
  6. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    I thought for sure Nintendo would release a GOTY hyrule Warriors with all DLC and extras on disc, and now apparently the name trademark has expired.

Weird move by Nintendo.

Also there are no games with on disc DLC for Wii U? (That's good if not) anyone remember streetfighter X Tekken? Jesus....

7. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    Downloading DLC wont matter if you don't own the game to be able to dump it. Sure you can use the Eshop Spoofer app launcher for lower firmwares and buy DLC, but you still need the game as in legit purchased copy to have access to them since loadline doesn't touch anything outside of our SD card/ This is just 1 of the annoying limitations of loadline, but I guess its there to keep piracy in check