Hacking Question Is it possible to use a Xbox one controller without an adapter on ctw

faulted

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Would it be possible to use my Xbox one controller on my switch using something with cfw Instead of buys a adapter for it? Thank you!

Khar00f

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Short answer: No

Long answer: The first version of Xbox One controller has it's own proprietary wireless protocol not supported by Switch.

The second revision actually supports bluetooth, so I'm guessing there could be a possibility, but will anyone go through the trouble or writing a driver and a wrapper, is another story.

S3phi40T

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Short answer: No

Long answer: The first version of Xbox One controller has it's own proprietary wireless protocol not supported by Switch.

The second revision actually supports bluetooth, so I'm guessing there could be a possibility, but will anyone go through the trouble or writing a driver and a wrapper, is another story.
Exactly.
Xbox One S or X controller has Bluetooth.
Vanilla one doesn't.

Wysłane z mojego Redmi Note 4 przy użyciu Tapatalka

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
maybe the second version could be supported
i have the X one adapter and it works good on my switch, however it doesn't wake up my switch, only wake up the PS4.

Wombleton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I would just get the mayflash magic NS, has the ability to sync loads of different controllers to it, and doesn't require messing around when switching between them....the one that is attached to my switch currently has a snes pad(8bitdo diy),an xbox one controller and a ps4 controller sync'd to it(swapping between them is as simple as turning one controller off and then turning the next one on.
i also use 4 in my arcade machine and its really simplified my life. i couldn't recommend them more.....considering i have 5 in total

Nononoki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Would be awesome for the Steam Controller as well, since it also has gyro sensor and Bluetooth. There are open-source drivers for Linux, but I guess it's too much work to port it to the Switch.

Mizo

はじめまして私わみぞです、よろしく。
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bougth a USB adapter 8Bitdo and Xbox One/ PS4 controller worked just fine, WiiU pro controller and classic controller work too.

Reactions: GaaraPrime

S3phi40T

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I use Magic NS and Xbox One S controller works fine both wired and by bluetooth.

Wysłane z mojego Redmi Note 4 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Reactions: GaaraPrime

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I bougth a USB adapter 8Bitdo and Xbox One/ PS4 controller worked just fine, WiiU pro controller and classic controller work too.
THIS! I got the 8bitdo adapter off AliExpress for $13. Updated to latest firmware from official website, and it works great with my DS4 and XB1 controllers. Totally worth the investment.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse