Is it possible to update Smash with Hans?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by no1dead, Nov 24, 2015.

1. no1dead
    OP

no1dead Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2014
    Canada
    Like is it possible for someone to make a Hans file with the smash update and I put it on my SDCard and use it?

Because I can't access the eshop and patching the game with hans would be the only thing I could do.

2. fmkid

fmkid Just another GBATemp's random guy

Apr 23, 2015
    Colombia
    Nobody, because isn't possible!

3. Wolfy

Wolfy Person That Never Was

Aug 18, 2015
    United States
    Somewhere In The Aether...
    Even if you could access the eshop it wouldn't do what you want it to, the only way to use HANS to play an updated version of Smash would be to merge the update data with the game's dumped files and then rebuild it as a romfs.
    But you would need the seperate update data and unless you are tech savvy you currently have no way to get it legally since there is always pirate copys people have released to the web.
    So no, there is no way to do it legally at the moment and for it to be easy in any way. Hopefully someday we will get to a point that we can just use the gamecard with the downloaded update from the eshop.

4. no1dead
    OP

no1dead Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2014
    Canada
    Only reason I'm saying this is because of this tutorial.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/poc-tutorial-hans-use-how-to-combine-updates-with-your-game.402008/

5. Wolfy

Wolfy Person That Never Was

Aug 18, 2015
    United States
    Somewhere In The Aether...