Hacking Is it possible to uninstall CFW?

Naxster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hello guys, i'm just wondering if it's possible to uninstall CFW to start all over again of the whole gateway process etc etc.. Because i think i messed up at some point when i followed the guide.

Should i just remove and format everything on the SD card?

Reactions: NoNAND

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Simply go to system settings settings and format system memory. Don't remove your SD card,otherwise it'll unlink your NANDs

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
What happens if i unlink my NANDs?:shy:
My Nintendo 2DS is new, i haven't even played a game on it yet:lol:
If you unlink your nands then they are independent form each other and what you do in sysNAND won't affect emuNAND. And also there will be two folders in inside the Nintendo 3DS folder. One is for sysNAND the other for emuNAND.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Which is something you could want though. But for resetting and starting over, just format your device in settings

If you happen to own a n3ds just follow my guide in the signature, it will lead you to a fully working cfw that autoboots

Naxster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
If you unlink your nands then they are independent form each other and what you do in sysNAND won't affect emuNAND. And also there will be two folders in inside the Nintendo 3DS folder. One is for sysNAND the other for emuNAND.

Ahh I see, but wouldn't that be better if I want to start all over again?
After following the tutorial in this forum I have learned how "create" 2 folders which is the sysNAND and the EmuNAND.
So creating those two folder won't be any problems.

Which is something you could want though. But for resetting and starting over, just format your device in settings

If you happen to own a n3ds just follow my guide in the signature, it will lead you to a fully working cfw that autoboots
Thanks you! I think I will do that :)
Sorry I only have the 2DS :(
Is it still possible to autoboot rxTools, if you update the EmuNAND to the latest version (10.3)?
Or will it only work if we have 9.0-9.2?

Last edited by Naxster,

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You need to be on 9.0 to 9.2 on n3ds to install a cfw, or at least do it after my guide. Emunand version has nothing to do with it. Yes you can absolutely have autoboot, it should even work for your 2ds with the relevant steps in my tutorial.

Naxster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
You need to be on 9.0 to 9.2 on n3ds to install a cfw, or at least do it after my guide. Emunand version has nothing to do with it. Yes you can absolutely have autoboot, it should even work for your 2ds with the relevant steps in my tutorial.

Thanks i will do that. However i just bought a new SDHC card that have 32GB instead of 4GB.
Should i still format everything? Or is everything installed in the SD card?

Sweet! I will check that out since it's annoying to manually boot rxTools all the time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.