Is it possible to un-cfw a 3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Gultigargar, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Gultigargar
    OP

Gultigargar Member

Newcomer
    May 16, 2017
    United States
    I don't wish to discuss why I asking about this, but wondering if it's possible.

2. Aluminite

Aluminite Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2016
    United States
    Yes.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

ikkinomi likes this.
  3. Ominous66521

Ominous66521 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    Yes but it doesn't protect you from any bans by unmodding if that's the reason you don't want to discuss obviously.You are better off hacked then not hacked since you can always inject a lfcs when you are banned,or sell it hacked unbanned with b9s for more than what it's worth and get a clean one if resell value is the issue.

Last edited by Ominous66521, Jun 1, 2017
  4. Gultigargar
    OP

Gultigargar Member

Newcomer
    May 16, 2017
    United States
    It's not that. It's something on a personal matter.

5. Dionicio3

Dionicio3 Some Cool Skiddo

Feb 26, 2017
    United States
    Hollister, CA
    Yes, but there is no benefit whatsoever to doing this

6. Ominous66521

Ominous66521 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    Fair enough.If it was none of the above reasons i won't deswade you.

7. RHOPKINS13

RHOPKINS13 Geek

Jan 31, 2009
    United States
    Yes, you should be able to un-CFW it by restoring an old NAND backup from before you installed CFW.

If you don't have a pre-CFW NAND backup, you can uninstall A9LH from SafeA9LHInstaller. I'm not sure if SafeB9SInstaller can uninstall boot9strap though.

If you go the uninstall route, rather than a NAND restore, make sure you uninstall any homebrew CIAs first using FBI launched from the homebrew launcher. Also run Cthulu and delete all your activity log history, and make sure your "Favorite Game" in the Mii Plaza is set to an actual game and not some homebrew program.

But you probably shouldn't even bother un-CFWing it. If you're already banned, it won't help you. If you're trying to sell it, you might be better off just saying that it already has CFW installed and ready for use. If you're sending it to Nintendo for repair, good luck, but they'll probably figure it out anyway.

8. Olmectron

Olmectron GBAtemp Addict

Dec 31, 2012
    Mexico
    A game
    If you have A9LH just uninstall it with SafeA9LHInstaller.

But I think it's dangerous not to have it, given it could brick and you wouldn't be able to restore it (until NTRCardBootHax is out, or you hardmod, that is).

You could also, install Luma to CTRNand, delete every non-official app, and forget it's there. It'll act as a stock 3DS after all.

Quantumcat and Ominous66521 like this.