Hardware Is it possible to transfer save data from micro sd card to PC?

Ragonix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had my 3ds connected to my computer via wifi and can access the sd card, but no where can I find the save data. Do the save files have a .sav extension? When I can access the sd card the only files I see are files ending with a .app or .cmp extension. The save file I'm trying to transfer is from SMT IV:apocalypse, retail. The game gives you one save file on the game cartridge and the rest of your save slots are saved on the sd card so I'm thinking the save file should be on the sd card.

windhazard

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Use JKSM to backup your saves, then simply copy the JKSM folder on the root of your SD to your PC. You can run it either through homebrewlauncher (soundhax) or install the .cia version if you have CFW.

wuboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The saves are on your SD card, but they are compressed; you won't find them easily. Also, most save files are not .sav, that's only used commonly in emulators. As @windhazard said, get JKSM and homebrew launcher. However, saves that are on the SD card are, to my knowledge, saved in the Ext Data, so do an Ext Data backup and not a Save Data backup.
What, might I ask, are you backing up the saves for?

Ragonix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Basically I want to transfer my save to my pc to use a save editor on it. Is homebrew launcher the only way to go?

Ragonix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wait i'm confused, what is the easiest method if i don't want to use CFW which takes time to set up?

Ragonix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok nevermind, I put homebrew on my 3ds and used the JKSM program to back up my save and then transfer it to my pc. One question though, that JKSM program seems to have back up only 1 of my saves from my game. I have two saves, slot 1 is on the game cartridge and slot 2 is on the sd card. Only slot 1 got backed up which isn't a problem, but just curious is it possible to choose which save you want to back up and restore?

wuboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok nevermind, I put homebrew on my 3ds and used the JKSM program to back up my save and then transfer it to my pc. One question though, that JKSM program seems to have back up only 1 of my saves from my game. I have two saves, slot 1 is on the game cartridge and slot 2 is on the sd card. Only slot 1 got backed up which isn't a problem, but just curious is it possible to choose which save you want to back up and restore?
Save 2 is stored on the extdata. Choose extdata backup instead of savedata.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Cranesbill @ Cranesbill: Hi Hi