Is it possible to to install HBC on 4.2

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Darkmatter5, Oct 1, 2009.

Oct 1, 2009
  1. Darkmatter5
    OP

Newcomer Darkmatter5 Member

United States
    I bought a new Wii and am wanting to softmod. Can you softmod if the Wii has been updated to 4.2? I haven't updated yet, so I'm still good as of right now. I'm just curious if I did install could I still install HBC?

2. Arendo

Member Arendo GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    if you have SSBB (US version) or LEGO Indiana Jones, there are exploids that work on 4.2, and with the new hackmii v0.5 installer, you should be alright ...

your biggest problem, when updating through nintendo, would be that certain IOSes get stubbed, meaning they can't do much other than waste your internal memory (untill you reinstall new cIOSes over them, although this could be much harder than it sounds)...

3. BBking83

Member BBking83 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Yes you can. You need an original copy of LEGO Indiana and use this: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Indiana_Pwns like the Zelda: Twilight hack.

youtube "Indiana Pwns" for directions.

4. roku93

Member roku93 GBAtemp Fan

Finland
    I suggest just installing everything when you're still at 4.1 or whatever, a lot easier, saves you a lot of headache. There's absolutely no reason to update to 4.2 as all it does is homebrew removal.

5. imapterodactyl

Member imapterodactyl GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You can use the IndianaPwns exploit to run the latest Hackmii installer, which will install a new version of HBC that doesn't get deleted upon every system reboot. I don't think you'll be able to reinstall cIOS38rev14 to 249 though, or Hermes 222/223.... but I might be wrong about that. I know the Nintendo update deletes them, but haven't checked as to whether they can be replaced or not.

In any case, it really only matters to those who accidentally updated or just learned about homebrew after updating, as there's really no reason at all to be running 4.2 at this point.... all it does is kill your homebrew. There's a new version of the Shop Channel, but there's a Shop Updater you can use if you want to go to the Shop, so 4.2 is still completely unnecessary.