Hacking Is it possible to take an ingame screenshot using DSTT?

ZhangKhaiEn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I mean, using a few button combinations or the like to capture and save a screenshot to my SD Card.

Is this possible with my DSTT?

ZhangKhaiEn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
So how do game magazines or printed game guides take their screenshots that look so nice?

Camera? But the capture quality looks so nice... >_>

And for ROM download sites, do they use emulators to take screenshots? But as far as I know many DS games still show up horribly on emulators with graphical glitches and such. How do they manage to get perfect shots?

Fabis94

Xbawx playa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
With emulators i guess. For the magazines, i guess the Game Developer gives them the images. I mean Game DEV can easily get a good quality pic from his own game.

Kuschel-Drow

Trophies
Website
kuschel-drow.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Don't they all plug their DS to two huge screens? I've seen that before when they shwo some games... (Although I dunno how this would actually work xD) But as for screenshots... mhm...

I bet they do have the ultimate emulators for PC that work, but would never hande over the source code... x) I mean... game developers KNOW how a game is made so they should really know how to get it working on a PC or whatever... ^^

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The NITRO hardware is what game developers use for displaying on large screens and testing and such, and it's what Nintendo uses for demos. Us lowly homebrewers have no access to such hardware unfortunately.

In software, the DS does have a built-in screen-capture function. However, it only captures the main screen (which is decided by the developer) and in a raw format. The only way to get this functionality with commercial games would be for the flash cart manufacturer to add it as a feature, storing the raw data in some temporary location on the card for later conversion to a human-viewable format. The CycloDS team was looking into this, but I believe they gave up on it.

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DanTheManMS said:
The NITRO hardware is what game developers use for displaying on large screens and testing and such, and it's what Nintendo uses for demos. Us lowly homebrewers have no access to such hardware unfortunately.

In software, the DS does have a built-in screen-capture function. However, it only captures the main screen (which is decided by the developer) and in a raw format. The only way to get this functionality with commercial games would be for the flash cart manufacturer to add it as a feature, storing the raw data in some temporary location on the card for later conversion to a human-viewable format. The CycloDS team was looking into this, but I believe they gave up on it.

According to what I read, they ran out of room on the card and had to choose between the ingame text reader or screenshot feature. They had a vote and the text reader won.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    me neither, i just bash them
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: On the neighbors side +1