TEMPORARY MODE ENABLED
New posts, edits, and any changes will not be saved during the transition period.
Registrations are temporarily disabled until the migration is complete.

1. mironicurse

OP mironicurse GBAtemp Regular

Russia
    It's all in the title. And if it's not possible, why is it?

2. SomeGamer

SomeGamer GBAtemp Guru

Hungary
    Maybe by hex editing the payload.

3. Sono

Sono cripple piss
    Developer

Hungary
    Based on ctrulib's sooscode, we need to search for the hex value (82 03 00 00) (because the 3DS is little endian), and you can calculate the value you need to write by doing the following:
    1) Look at ctrulib's sooscode
    2) Open a calculator
    3) Calculate the button combination:
    ] 1) For every button you want to be pressed take the bit number, do "1 lsh n" where "n" is the number in the BIT(n).
    ] 2) Add the numbers together
    ] 2/example) I want START + SELECT + TOUCH, so based on the sooscode, you'll need to calculate this: "1 lsh 2 + 1 lsh 3 + 1 lsh 20". The result will be 1048588
    ] 3) Convert it from decimal to hexadecimal
    ] 4/1) If the result is not even length, put a 0 in front of the number
    ] 4/2) Split the number into 2-long portions
    ] 4/3) Reverse the order
    ] 4/example) The above example's hexadecimal value is "10000C". It's even in length, so we move on. After I split it up, I got "10 00 0C". After I reversed it I got "0C 00 10".

Edit: I just realized this shouldn't work, because as it says, the payload is a ROPbin, so it gets the number from the 3DS's memory. If I remember correctly, this keycombo relates to the L+ R + UP + A keycombo. Editing the ropbin would require us to reverse-engineer the 3DS (again), so we should ask smealum instead, because he made the ropbin, so he knows where and what the address is.

4. Mrrraou

Mrrraou GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

France
    Maybe possible, but maybe not because the home button is listened by the game. When the home button is triggered, the game executes a function that pauses the game and makes it returning to home menu; but the 2.5 payload replaces it by the screenshot function.
    The B+L+R+Down combo is a combo that no game uses and it's listened by the 2.5 payload itself.

Deleted User likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - B+L+R+Down, possible, payload