Homebrew Is it possible to stream with 11.0.0-33u?

Venks7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really want to stream Pokemon Moon on Twitch, but currently only have an original 3DS. I've heard the New 3DS can somehow stream so I was hoping to check that out. I'm specifically asking about firmware 11.0.0 because that's what the Black Friday $99 deal New 3DS supposedly are.

I'm not interested in anything, but streaming. If it's not possible to stream with this version of New 3DS, any advice on where to purchase one that can?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is possible but you need custom firmware in order to do so. To get custom firmware on 11.0, you need to get a hardmod or do the DSiware downgrade method with another system with custom firmware. Sorry.

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
ca
I really want to stream Pokemon Moon on Twitch, but currently only have an original 3DS. I've heard the New 3DS can somehow stream so I was hoping to check that out. I'm specifically asking about firmware 11.0.0 because that's what the Black Friday $99 deal New 3DS supposedly are.

I'm not interested in anything, but streaming. If it's not possible to stream with this version of New 3DS, any advice on where to purchase one that can?
capture cards are an option too

SaffronXL

The Grand Galactic Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your old 3DS is less than 11.0 you have options, otherwise your best bet will probably be to wait until the end of December when a method that doesn't require a second 3DS will be available to downgrade 11.0 and 11.1, then you can install custom firmware and run the streaming plugin. But honestly, if the only reason you would want custom firnware is for streaming, I wouldn't bother. The quality is not great, it's a pain in the ass to get working every time, and you have to restart your 3DS to change games after streaming. But the feeling of accomplishment you get from adding such a major feature without needing any additional hardware is pretty sweet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things