Is it possible to stream with 11.0.0-33u?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Venks7, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Venks7
    OP

Venks7 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 20, 2016
    United States
    I really want to stream Pokemon Moon on Twitch, but currently only have an original 3DS. I've heard the New 3DS can somehow stream so I was hoping to check that out. I'm specifically asking about firmware 11.0.0 because that's what the Black Friday $99 deal New 3DS supposedly are.

I'm not interested in anything, but streaming. If it's not possible to stream with this version of New 3DS, any advice on where to purchase one that can?

2. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    It is possible but you need custom firmware in order to do so. To get custom firmware on 11.0, you need to get a hardmod or do the DSiware downgrade method with another system with custom firmware. Sorry.

3. DarkRioru

DarkRioru Akage Chan's Servent

Aug 29, 2015
    United States
    Fluffing Akage Chan's Tail
    ca
    capture cards are an option too

4. honyo29

honyo29 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 27, 2014
    Indonesia
    buy it and have it modded with capture card.

5. SaffronXL

SaffronXL Emulationer

Nov 17, 2016
    United States
    New Mexico
    If your old 3DS is less than 11.0 you have options, otherwise your best bet will probably be to wait until the end of December when a method that doesn't require a second 3DS will be available to downgrade 11.0 and 11.1, then you can install custom firmware and run the streaming plugin. But honestly, if the only reason you would want custom firnware is for streaming, I wouldn't bother. The quality is not great, it's a pain in the ass to get working every time, and you have to restart your 3DS to change games after streaming. But the feeling of accomplishment you get from adding such a major feature without needing any additional hardware is pretty sweet.