Is it possible to softmod a Wii U (vWii) with a SDHC?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Farael, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Farael
    OP

Farael Member

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2015
    Brazil
    Várzea Paulista
    A friend of mine said that it is possible to softmod the vWii (Smash Stack) with a SDHC, is this true? because I read everywhere that it does not work.

Also, here in Brazil is VERY hard to find SD cards that are less than 8GB, so, are there any exploits that work with SDHC?

2. Bug_Checker_

Bug_Checker_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 10, 2006
    United States
    Search in ALL your old electronics.
    Either you, your family members or friends have an old camera or phone or game system (like a wii or dsi etc) or other piece of electronics sitting in some drawer (that you haven't thought about in years) that will hold a precious sd card you seek ,Good Luck.

Kelton2 likes this.
  3. sergey3000

sergey3000 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2013
    Iceland
    I bought my trancend card 2 gb from eBay for 10$. Buy it from Hong Kong based seller. It's free shipping and no tax.

4. sergey3000

Sep 14, 2013
    Iceland
    Works great.

5. tbb043

tbb043 Member

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    You absolutely need a regular SD, but you don't need a very big one, just has to be big enough to hold the initial stuff for whichever game you're using for the exploit. After that runs you can switch to an SDHC. I did mine that way, took a ridiculously small SD out of an old camera, that never would have fit everything, but it was big enough for the Lego Batman save. Then for the rest of the stuff I used my 3DSXL's 4GB SDHC card.

See, the problem is the exploitable games are all old and only support SD cards. The Wii/vWii itself got patched for SDHC, but the older games didn't.

Kelton2 likes this.
  6. sergey3000

Sep 14, 2013
    Iceland
    Yes he's right. You need to use this sd card only one time. But it's worth it. You can play wii isos, use emulators and nintendont after that. I have only two games for wii u. But now I have dozens of games. Btw I used the star wars game. It's the most cheap one and it's total crap.

Kelton2 likes this.
  7. Blake5100

Blake5100 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2014
    United States
    Just a tip, the normal 3ds has a 2gb sd built in ;)

8. Bug_Checker_

Jun 10, 2006
    United States
    Yes, I forgot to mention old game systems like dsi etc

9. Bug_Checker_

Jun 10, 2006
    United States
  10. SickPuppy

SickPuppy New Member

Jul 29, 2009
    United States
    I'll back up your statement. I have a DSi and DSi XL that neither of them came with an SD card. My 3DS came with 2GB and 3DS XL with a 4GB.

11. styckx

styckx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2014
    United States

If only eBay had a reputation feature for sellers so buyers can gauge how reliable the products someone is selling are..

Oh wait they do..

Bug_Checker_ likes this.