is it possible to share -resign save files for xenoblade chronicle x?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by dogmadogma80, Dec 22, 2015.

1. dogmadogma80
    OP

dogmadogma80 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2015
    United States
    is it possible like in ps3? sharing save files resigning?

2. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    savefiles are not signed, well I don't think.

so, just extract them and share them and inject them back to the console. (it's even easier if you use Loadiine)
    I can provide my Xenoblade X save if you want to try, I'll just don't share the Social data (which is used for online, I suppose, so maybe there's a unique ID in there with my Mii and NNID).

I don't know how much private data this game contains in the save, maybe there's user info saved and the NNID is read from the console every time and not from the save file.
    But other games shouldn't be a problem to share.

edit:
    for a test, here is my Avatar savedata (the Avatar you can create and save in the beginning of the game)
    http://filetrip.net/dl?EeCSf5klZk
    it should contains man and girl.

the game is keeping a copy of the previous file, probably a backup if save fails it can restore the old file.
    all write is done by renaming existing file to "filename_" and then save the new data on "filename".
    you can replace only avatarmakedata (no need to touch avatarmakedata_)
    After injecting it, launch a new game and at the avatar creation, press X > saved avatar > load
    if you see my two characters then it means it's not signed and can be shared.

paulloeduardo and MattKimura like this.
  3. Amal

Amal Member

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2015
    How can I extract the save game from my Wii U? I'm on 5.3.2 but I play with a retail disc.

4. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    you need to use Saviine.

1. load the kernel exploit (the normal OSDriver kernel exploit, not the one for loadiine)
    2. load Saviine exploit, and set the computer's IP on your gamepad.
    3. launch "dump.bat" on your computer, and allow network access if the firewall asks you.
    4. launch the game
    5. on computer, it will ask you if you want to dump "common" and/or "user" savegame folder. click "ok" to dump the save files to PC.

The savegame will be located in a subfolder:
    saviine\saviine_root\dump\<GameID>\

To get saviine, and kernel, etc., read the stickied thread in this section "ultimate wiiu guide" has everything you need.