Is it possible to set up a PayPal with a pre-paid card?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by War, Sep 14, 2008.

1. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    I want to buy premium membership from Megaupload, but I don't have a PayPal account... I also don't have my own credit card, nor will I be getting one soon. So my question is... can you set up a new PayPal account using a prepaid credit card? They usually sell them at most stores (Wal-Mart, Target, whatever) and it's basically the same as a credit card but it only has the amount of cash you purchased it with. (Its just like a gift card in other words). My concern is that if I buy one of these cards, what will happen when PayPal asks me to verify the account? Because they always ask you to send them back a 4 letter confirmation code that comes with your monthly bank statement or some weird thing like that. Anyone got any insight on this?

2. NeSchn

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    Yeah you need a credit card because you need to give them the account and routing number (something like that) and then to confirm it they give you 2 small amounts on your credit card that you have to put in as a confirmation.

You can by an eBay gift card that has PayPal money it on but I think you can only use it on eBay I am not sure. I only used mine on eBay (bought a shirt and 2 cds)

3. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Dammit D: I want that premium membership so bad ;-; And apparently my luck sucks... I've been doing that slot machine game to win free premium for the past 3 months and never got anything [​IMG]

4. Bishang

Member Bishang GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You don't need to have a verified Paypal to buy things with it. They just set a limit on the maximum ammount you're allowed to spend. I know that you can use Visa Gift Cards online if you register them. Here's a link that'll tell you about that: http://usa.visa.com/personal/cards/prepaid..._gift_card.html

5. DSGamer64

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    You can do direct transfers for Megaupload with PayPal straight from your bank account, the only reason you should have a credit card is for backup purposes in case you don't have the money in the bank to pay for something. I don't have a credit card yet have a premium membership for Megaupload, but I gotta wait a week for the money to transfer before the account becomes premium, whereas it takes 3 days if you have a verified credit card. And no, pre-paid cards don't work.

6. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Hm... well, that would be great... but right now, my PayPal says I have 0 funds since I never confirmed it :\ But I know for sure that there is $25 in that card.