Gaming is it possible to set the Shieka Scanner to find Korok Seeds?

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
Lore-wise, only Link can see Koroks, hence why the camera doesn't pick Koroks.

As far as I know, no, you can't actively track Koroks (Specially since they're hidden, so it would point to nothing-ness)

Futurdreamz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lore-wise, only Link can see Koroks, hence why the camera doesn't pick Koroks.

As far as I know, no, you can't actively track Koroks (Specially since they're hidden, so it would point to nothing-ness)
If I at least knew there was one in the vicinity that would be a big help. I'd like to avoid using a guide.

ZoneBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like Garro said, Koroks are spirits only Link is able to interact with. The first time you meet Hestu, he's a bit surprised you see him.
Aside from that, you can't scan things into your index unless there's an outline with a name when you point the camera at them.

Koroks are a joy to discover, just explore any area that may seem suspicious.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a few things the camera cannot detect to scan for, which is a shame. I'm having trouble finding some electric elemental fish which i can't find any of cause i need for the dumb korok trial to get the master sword. So if you noticed, going inside some stores and photographing items, some of them will be unable to photograph. Believe me i tried, i always pull out my camera even when fighting to just snap a picture for the archive data, so i don't have to pay purah for the photos. :P

Is kinda weird how it can detect shrines which gives orbs, and can''t detect korok which give a similar purpose. So is just how it is. I dunno maybe updates will change that?

ZoneBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a few things the camera cannot detect to scan for, which is a shame. I'm having trouble finding some electric elemental fish which i can't find any of cause i need for the dumb korok trial to get the master sword. So if you noticed, going inside some stores and photographing items, some of them will be unable to photograph. Believe me i tried, i always pull out my camera even when fighting to just snap a picture for the archive data, so i don't have to pay purah for the photos. :P

Is kinda weird how it can detect shrines which gives orbs, and can''t detect korok which give a similar purpose. So is just how it is. I dunno maybe updates will change that?
I don't remember having to find fish... Unless you're talking about the Korok that's giving you riddles. As far as I know, to get the Master Sword, you need to do the shrines and have enough hearts to pull it out.

Reactions: KiiWii

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't remember having to find fish... Unless you're talking about the Korok that's giving you riddles. As far as I know, to get the Master Sword, you need to do the shrines and have enough hearts to pull it out.
THEY LIED TO ME? O_O

I been looking for some electric fish for hours saying i have to finish trials to get the sword. :wtf:
I HATE THIS GAME. :hateit:

Reactions: Meliodas2255

ZoneBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, you are doing riddles for the sleepy Korok, right? xD
The trials before the Master Sword don't require you to leave the area.
I believe it's Voltfin Trout you're looking for.
Anyways, we're straying from the OP's question.

No, you can only scan things into your Compendium if there's an outline that shows around it if it's in range.

Last edited by ZoneBlaze,

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'd like to avoid using a guide.
here are some tips than
1. they hide under rocks
2. they like to be up high
3. they hang out near offering shrines
4. they hide in logs
5. they hide in ponds
6. they hide in circle of stones
7. they are frozen
8. they like blocks
9. if you see a log with a tree leaf on it get ready to run
10. whats that noise? follow it to a pin wheel
11. a circle of stones in the water could hide a secret
12. take a dive now and than
13. they like flowers.

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be fair, he did ask if he can scan "KOROK SEEDS" but you technically never see it aside from the visual representation of how many you have in the status menu, so i mean if you can't even see it in game, can't be captured :P

So you probably mean the tree looking creatures that keep baiting me to do random stuff to find them. Those things are all over the place. Harder to find than shrines even with the scanner. :wtf:

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
those mountains you see all around you...they aren't just there to look pretty. i usually don't have any problem spotting them found over 50 so far but i'm prob never going to find them all not the 1st playthrough.

Shikkichu

A little Pika girl~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here are some tips than
1. they hide under rocks
2. they like to be up high
3. they hang out near offering shrines
4. they hide in logs
5. they hide in ponds
6. they hide in circle of stones
7. they are frozen
8. they like blocks
9. if you see a log with a tree leaf on it get ready to run
10. whats that noise? follow it to a pin wheel
11. a circle of stones in the water could hide a secret
12. take a dive now and than
13. they like flowers.
Also noticed, with headphones in, you can track them by sound, because the sound plays, just not as loud as when you find them

Reactions: Baoulettes

ZoneBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
13 hearts to be exact :)
Sshhhh, I'm trying not to spoil too much or alter the way people play or where they spend spirit orbs xD

Also, if you read Rumor Mill Vol 3 at the Outskirt stable, it'll give you hints on where to find Koroks.

Also, I kinda wish Nintendo added tag as a minigame after visiting this stable.

Last edited by ZoneBlaze,

ThisIsMyDogKyle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unfortunately no, to get the max amount of inventory you only need to find half of them though, which is kinda nice as it would be a HUGE annoyance to hunt them all down.

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a wild speculation but I firmly believe that DLC Pack 01 will include this feature as Nintendo has stated there will be an "additional map feature" coming with the DLC. I'm going to assume that it has something to do with the Korok or something similar.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.