Homebrew Is it possible to see BrowserHax again in the near future for 10.2 and up?

WildTorterra

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BrowserHax and TubeHax were my only methods of accessing the Homebrew Launcher, and when the Yo-kai demo came out, I was an idiot and got the system update (just have Hax 2.5 come out a week later). I know that TubeHax is dead at this point, but I have heard BrowserHax is still possible, it just needs to be fixed.

However, I have not heard anything about Browserhax in a long while, so I'm starting to wonder if that might be dead too? (and if that's the case, would it be possible to install MenuHax on 10.3 without using another hax exploit)

mungry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Essentially: No, no and no.

All this thread will amount to is speculation.

By the way
Use it, it's your friend:
FWDYzaJ.png

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Menuhax doesn't work on 10.3. Browserhax may be fixed, or it might not. There are no doubt more exploits in the old webkit version they're using. For now you're limited to Ninjhax, or if you have/can borrow a homebrewed 3DS, PowerSaves or save dongle, then oot3dhax can also be used. I wouldn't bother with smashbroshax unless you're desperate, though that does work with the demo so it can be used without buying anything (if you can get it to work that is.) That one is n3DS only though.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The old exploit has been permanently patched. The browser might contain another vulnerability, sure. Browsers are complex things. So much code, so much room for mistakes. But it'll only be really useful if you can use it to install a secondary more permanent exploit. A browser exploit alone would be all too easy for Nintendo to kill off, with the forced update system.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
We'll probably see a new browser exploit at some point, but I think game (eshop and cart) exploits will be more practical and common.
The disadvantage with browser exploits is they can be revoked at any moment Nintendo releases a new browser version.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smea annouced on twitter that the Possibility as long Nintendy still uses Webkit for the browser that one MAY keyword "M A Y" appear again but dont get your hopes up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Okies. Family graveyard is that way 👉