Is it possible to see BrowserHax again in the near future for 10.2 and up?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by WildTorterra, Dec 8, 2015.

1. WildTorterra
    OP

WildTorterra Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2015
    United States
    BrowserHax and TubeHax were my only methods of accessing the Homebrew Launcher, and when the Yo-kai demo came out, I was an idiot and got the system update (just have Hax 2.5 come out a week later). I know that TubeHax is dead at this point, but I have heard BrowserHax is still possible, it just needs to be fixed.

However, I have not heard anything about Browserhax in a long while, so I'm starting to wonder if that might be dead too? (and if that's the case, would it be possible to install MenuHax on 10.3 without using another hax exploit)

2. mungry

mungry GBAtemp Fan

Jul 29, 2015
    United States
    Essentially: No, no and no.

All this thread will amount to is speculation.

By the way
    Use it, it's your friend:
    [​IMG]

3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Menuhax doesn't work on 10.3. Browserhax may be fixed, or it might not. There are no doubt more exploits in the old webkit version they're using. For now you're limited to Ninjhax, or if you have/can borrow a homebrewed 3DS, PowerSaves or save dongle, then oot3dhax can also be used. I wouldn't bother with smashbroshax unless you're desperate, though that does work with the demo so it can be used without buying anything (if you can get it to work that is.) That one is n3DS only though.

4. kedest

kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 6, 2007
    Netherlands
    The old exploit has been permanently patched. The browser might contain another vulnerability, sure. Browsers are complex things. So much code, so much room for mistakes. But it'll only be really useful if you can use it to install a secondary more permanent exploit. A browser exploit alone would be all too easy for Nintendo to kill off, with the forced update system.

5. Donglebrr

Donglebrr Member

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2015
    United States
    Exploits don't magically appear overnight. Well... sometimes they do, but you get my point.

6. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    We'll probably see a new browser exploit at some point, but I think game (eshop and cart) exploits will be more practical and common.
    The disadvantage with browser exploits is they can be revoked at any moment Nintendo releases a new browser version.

7. Josephvb10

Josephvb10 The Pokémon guy

Aug 26, 2009
    Lumiose City
    No. It won't be. Just use Cubic Ninja, there's no one working on new entrypoints, currently.

8. Dracari

Dracari GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    Smea annouced on twitter that the Possibility as long Nintendy still uses Webkit for the browser that one MAY keyword "M A Y" appear again but dont get your hopes up.