Hacking Is it possible to run M3 Sakura firmware on R4?

leslieliang

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I have done search on google and gbatemp.net and have found nothing. So please don't suggest the search button. I could have possibly skipped some results, since i just skimmed through the results.

But anyways, is there anyway to run the M3 Sakura firmware on the R4? Also, what is the latest official firmware of the M3 Sakura?

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure what the latest updated firmware is, since i dont have it, but i do have an R4. I have read that it does, but it doesnt work as well as the R4 firmware & YSMenu does. M3 Sakura might look cool, but doesnt work as well with R4. Id suggest just using R4 firmware 1.18 with the YSMenu together using the r4sauto method. YSMenu is still updating on their site, so while it gets newer games going, the R4 is better with older ones Sonic Chronicles & anything before it, except Hello Kitty..... Dont ask how i know.....
blink.gif

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gokuguy said:
Not sure what the latest updated firmware is, since i dont have it, but i do have an R4. I have read that it does, but it doesnt work as well as the R4 firmware & YSMenu does. M3 Sakura might look cool, but doesnt work as well with R4. Id suggest just using R4 firmware 1.18 with the YSMenu together using the r4sauto method. YSMenu is still updating on their site, so while it gets newer games going, the R4 is better with older ones Sonic Chronicles & anything before it, except Hello Kitty..... Dont ask how i know.....
blink.gif

you can use SAKURA on an R4 ....it works fine for a media player/moonshell replacement .. and that's it! .. it will NEVER RUN GAMES!

you need to use the DLDI patched version!

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THATS WHAT IT WAS!!! A replacement for Moonshell. I got it mixed up with some other hacked firmware apparently.
wacko.gif

R4sauto can be found as one of the first threads on the R4 forums section. I forgot what it is actually called...

a2h

Trophies
XP
Country
You can't run commercial roms on M3 Sakura, so don't bother with it as a firmware replacement.

leslieliang

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I have the R4 1.18, YSMenu, and Moonshell2 on my R4 right now. I just want to know if you can use M3 Sakura on the R4. And if you can, how.

I don't want suggestions on what is better. I know what is better. I know that getting a R4 was a dumb mistake and getting a CycloDS was a better decision. I DON'T CARE. I am just trying to experiment.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.