Is it possible to run Atmosphere (emuNAND) on a 2nd SD card with the latest FW whilst not affecting my SD card with 11.0 SX OS (emuNAND)?

crimsonnight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
At the moment I'm running 11.0 on both my NAND and SX OS emuNAND.
Ideally I want to run Atmosphere on a separate SD (as I still want to run games off an external HDD via SX OS... and don't want to have to set everything up again), can I create an Atmosphere emuNAND on the 2nd SD running the latest FW without jeopardising my SX OS SD (on 11.0)? If so, am I also safe to update my actual sysNAND to the latest FW?

Last edited by crimsonnight,

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes you can run atmosphere on emunand and update it.

Yeah, grab a new SD card. Copy over the latest atmosphere, set up a new emunand and then grab the latest firmware and update it (make sure you're in emunand) In system settings under firmware the |E will signify you are in emunand.

For extra security I set my sysnand to light theme and emunands to dark to be extra careful 😎

There's no need to update your sysnand. Stay on 11 so you can still access SXOS.

I have sysnand 11.0, SXOS emunand 11.0 on a 256gb and Atmosphere emunand 13.2.1 on a 128gb.

crimsonnight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes you can run atmosphere on emunand and update it.

Yeah, grab a new SD card. Copy over the latest atmosphere, set up a new emunand and then grab the latest firmware and update it (make sure you're in emunand) In system settings under firmware the |E will signify you are in emunand.

For extra security I set my sysnand to light theme and emunands to dark to be extra careful 😎

There's no need to update your sysnand. Stay on 11 so you can still access SXOS.

I have sysnand 11.0, SXOS emunand 11.0 on a 256gb and Atmosphere emunand 13.2.1 on a 128gb.

Appreciated, that's helpful, good to know someone's got the same set up as me and that it's working as intended :)
Ideally I'd like to update my sysNAND though so that I can go online - will this mess up my SX OS card (if I leave autoRCM on)?

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Appreciated, that's helpful, good to know someone's got the same set up as me and that it's working as intended :)
Ideally I'd like to update my sysNAND though so that I can go online - will this mess up my SX OS card (if I leave autoRCM on)?

I haven't been able to get a definitive answer on updating sysnand past 11.0 with SXOS.

It doesn't help that all the official forums are dead and everyone's pretty much moved on.

I got many reports of people saying updating sysnand will break SXOS completely and I get some reports saying you can be on the latest 13.x on sysnand and still boot a 11.0 emunand just fine.
Even one person told me you can update to latest fw, use 11 emunand but that your switch won't detect game cartridges anymore.

But I don't have an accurate answer. And this is why I'm staying on 11.0 sysnand myself. my switch is banned so I don't mind staying.

Reactions: crimsonnight

crimsonnight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't been able to get a definitive answer on updating sysnand past 11.0 with SXOS.

It doesn't help that all the official forums are dead and everyone's pretty much moved on.

I got many reports of people saying updating sysnand will break SXOS completely and I get some reports saying you can be on the latest 13.x on sysnand and still boot a 11.0 emunand just fine.
Even one person told me you can update to latest fw, use 11 emunand but that your switch won't detect game cartridges anymore.

But I don't have an accurate answer. And this is why I'm staying on 11.0 sysnand myself. my switch is banned so I don't mind staying.
Yeah through my research I've found a lot of conflicting information too... think it's worth starting a dedicated thread to see if anyone has any solid information?

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah through my research I've found a lot of conflicting information too... think it's worth starting a dedicated thread to see if anyone has any solid information?
I'm not going to bother. You'll just get the same 10 people telling you to update to atmosphere and to "move on". I've asked in multiple threads over the past few weeks. I think people either don't know or don't care.

But I hope you get set up fine. Just be careful switching SD cards back and forth. I have had to get my SD card port repaired THREE times in the past 15 months. The SD port is NOT designed to be repeatedly inserted and ejected.

Most people with non hacked switches will typically slap a sd card in one and never ever even remove it. Where as we are constantly removing. The connection is very fragile and prone to breakage.

Reactions: crimsonnight

crimsonnight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not going to bother. You'll just get the same 10 people telling you to update to atmosphere and to "move on". I've asked in multiple threads over the past few weeks. I think people either don't know or don't care.

But I hope you get set up fine. Just be careful switching SD cards back and forth. I have had to get my SD card port repaired THREE times in the past 15 months. The SD port is NOT designed to be repeatedly inserted and ejected.

Most people with non hacked switches will typically slap a sd card in one and never ever even remove it. Where as we are constantly removing. The connection is very fragile and prone to breakage.
Thanks, I might just give it a shot anyway, nothing to lose...

And yeah, I had to get my initial 400GB card replaced for the same reason. Good tip though, cheers! :)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the moment I'm running 11.0 on both my NAND and SX OS emuNAND.
Ideally I want to run Atmosphere on a separate SD (as I still want to run games off an external HDD via SX OS... and don't want to have to set everything up again), can I create an Atmosphere emuNAND on the 2nd SD running the latest FW without jeopardising my SX OS SD (on 11.0)? If so, am I also safe to update my actual sysNAND to the latest FW?
I don't see any reason why you cannot.

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yes you can update your sysnand to current fw to play online assuming you have a sx os emunand and didnt run sxos on sysnand. sysnand would be on latest fw, sxos emunand on 11.0, and atmosphere emunand on latest fw. Can chainload cfw thru Hekate, so theres 0 reason why you wouldnt be able to boot cfw as hekate works on any fw.

As for game cards, gamecards wouldnt work in sxos, but sysnand and atmosphere emunand they would but for sxos thats resolved with NOGC settings.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1